Help! Something's Wrong with PF - Refresh Issues

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary, the problem is that when the user clicks on a link it takes them to the forum, but the content is not up to date.
Gale
I don't know what the deal is... but like, when i click on a link in here... it brings me to whatever forum, but i have to refresh in order for it to be like updated. So like... i come here yesterday, check out what's new in philosophy... or better yet, i just check my cp to see what's new in my subcscribed stuff, and i check this and that, and then leave. Come back today, and its like i never closed my broweser at all. I come to pf and its the same exact stuff, i have to refresh for it to be recent. i don't know its wierd... and even if like i refresh stuff once... and like i click on a thread it shows me all the post from when i looked at it the day before... but nothing since then, and i have to refresh... its really starting to get annoying...

Physics news on Phys.org
I think It's like, like something to do with like, you being trapped in a universe where time stands still or something like that.
If it like, just started happening like a while ago, then maybe its like a problem with your browser and not like, a problem with PF.

Seriously though, it hasn't happened to me so it most likely has something to do with your internet connection or your web browser. Maybe you could look at your browser settings. I don't know much about computers, so you don't have to take my advice.:smile:

If you are using Internet Explorer go to:

Tools > Internet Options

Notice the central part of the Internet Options Dialog Box that appears. You might want to clear out the accumulation of Temporary Internet files your browser has collected, but if you go into the Settings tab notice the options you have for “Check for newer versions of stored pages”. If “Never” is selected then your browser will only read the stored pages it has previously downloaded.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
If you are using Internet Explorer go to:

or better yet, go here

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
or better yet, go here

No, no, that's not right. Go http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you boulder head... that was the problem... An yeah... i guess i did use "like" a lot... eh... i do that when I'm frustrated... Anyways, i don't really frequent many other places so i guess i only noticed it with pf... I've really got to learn more about computers..

BoulderHead is like, you know, glad you got the problem taken care of. :smile:

What is PF - Refresh Issues?

PF - Refresh Issues refers to a problem with the PF (Page Fault) refresh mechanism, which is responsible for handling memory allocation in computer systems.

What are the common symptoms of PF - Refresh Issues?

The most common symptoms of PF - Refresh Issues include slow system performance, freezing or crashing of applications, and error messages related to memory allocation.

What causes PF - Refresh Issues?

PF - Refresh Issues can be caused by a variety of factors, such as faulty hardware or software, corrupted system files, or insufficient memory resources.

How can I fix PF - Refresh Issues?

The first step in fixing PF - Refresh Issues is to identify the underlying cause. This can be done through troubleshooting techniques, such as running diagnostic tests or checking for software updates. Once the cause is identified, appropriate measures can be taken to resolve the issue.

Can PF - Refresh Issues be prevented?

While PF - Refresh Issues can occur unexpectedly, there are some steps that can be taken to prevent them from happening. These include regularly updating software and hardware, performing regular system maintenance, and monitoring memory usage to avoid overloading the system.