Are Women Overtaking Men in Education and Politics?

• Thread starter Euphoriet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, man are supposed to be able to concentrate better then women in one thing, but women can concentrate better then man in many things.
Euphoriet
Who tends to be smarter.. man or women.. in general... Aren't man supposed to be able to concentrate in one thing better then women.. while women can concentrate on more thigns better?

I ask this becuase I saw on cnn a while ago that harvard has accepted more freshmen women then man.. for the first time ever..

Also there are more women then man right.. so technically they could probably take many positions in office if they wanted to.. (if its a democracy and they all vote for a women to go in office)
the way I see it is that women don't really want to do this =-/...

I have another question.. are women drafted.. like by force.. like men used to be?... if not.. why not?... because they can have babies and men cant?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes there are slightly more women.
Women excel at certain types of study over men, and the inverse is true as well.

Women are not drafted. Why? I dunno, but I'm against women in the military that can't do the same load as a man anyways (a whole different thread). My guess is that, considering women already have lower standards of physical strength in the military, than men, that we don't draft women because we are starting with the (in general, don't bite my head off) physically strongest portion of society (same reason we don't draft older people).

It's funny that where I am from, girls outperform boys at mathematics/language/and everything else. Well, at least at tests.

But if you asked me, the reason isn't because the girls are smarter. It's because boys are too lazy to study.

The top math student of each graduating class at my school has been male. And #s 2-4 were usually female...

Wonder what to make of that.

cookiemonster

Last edited:
I think it show that if one works really hard, one can almost be as good as someone with a natural flair.

Someone who works hard can sometimes beat someone with a natural flair if they're trying harder. They might not be as good, but if the person with natural talent doesn't try then their talent is basically worthless. Skill isn't that important inless it's applied.

In my High School the female students tend to be more successful. In terms of Principal's List grades (89.5%+) the women are usually almost double in amount than the males. I think the fact girls mature faster plays a big role in the amount of work effort put forth. This in turn is a possible explanation for women doing better in some situations.

I think I heard somewhere that men are typically more successful at Math related subjects while women are naturally more successful at English. This is probably not genetics though. It's probably a slowly desolving trend in society that began with women being exluded from Math in some time periods and areas.

Women can't serve in frontline units because it endangers the men. If a woman is injured in combat, then the men would more likely be willing to get to her and risk their lives than if a man were injured. Also if women were captured, then there is the rape torture that could go on. This is Army research not my own opinion.

Dooga Blackrazor said:
I think the fact girls mature faster plays a big role in the amount of work effort put forth.
Not necessarily how much work they put in, but the ability to understand stuff. I noticed that when I matured, my ability to understand improved an unbelievable amount. In grade 10, I really really struggled with everything in school; nothing really made a whole lot of sense. Grade 11 was a lot better and my marks reflected that. Grade 12 was an amazing year; everything just made sense. I could look at something once, analyze why it's like that, and remember it. I always put the same amount of effort, but my grades continually got better each term (2 terms per semester, 2 semesters per year, for 3 years).

Another problem is that a lot of boys don't really grow up. Some boys mature fast, some boys mature slow, and some boys never mature at all.

I wouldn't want women in the military. Who would want beautiful young women dying overseas? Anyway, if I saw that the enemy had women in their ranks I would not pull the trigger. Maybe I have a soft spot (or in war time, a fatal flaw) for a pretty face.

Last edited:
motai said:
if I saw that the enemy had women in their ranks I would not pull the trigger.
What if you knew those women were evil communists?

ShawnD said:
What if you knew those women were evil communists?

Maybe if they had foam coming out of their mouth and also happened to be butt-ugly, and also if they looked like they want to be put out of their misery.

Last edited:
all over body hair as well...

motai said:
Maybe if they had foam coming out of their mouth and also happened to be butt-ugly, and also if they looked like they want to be put out of their misery.

Yeah that basically fits the description of what communist women look like :rofl:

I think that they're are becoming "smarter"... because now they have the opportunity and take stuff more seriously.. in most cases... but still.. outstanding geniuses are man.. how many genius women are known of?

Last edited:
Euphoriet said:
how many genius women are known of?
Monique :wink:

I think in history there have been more men geniuses simply becuase it's the nature of human beings...I can't really explain that bit. I dunno.

Where I come from women tend to do better in school, while there are slightly more smart men than women. Please accept that there is a difference between performance in school and actual mental abilities.

I am for the oportunity for women to be in the military because I am for the opportunity for anyone. However in drafts I think it should stay strictly men because physically they have more work potential, and the military is a physical thing.

Women should be drafted for the air force though. Smaller bodies are better in that case.

Yeah, let me change that to ground/naval forces then.

Euphoriet said:
I think that they're are becoming "smarter"... because now they have the opportunity and take stuff more seriously..

Not only that but they are shying away from the traditional "cult of domesticity". More women are working in careers instead of training to become mothers so this newfound knowledge is more important to them.

Euphoriet said:
Who tends to be smarter.. man or women.. in general... Aren't man supposed to be able to concentrate in one thing better then women.. while women can concentrate on more thigns better?

I ask this becuase I saw on cnn a while ago that harvard has accepted more freshmen women then man.. for the first time ever..

Also there are more women then man right.. so technically they could probably take many positions in office if they wanted to.. (if its a democracy and they all vote for a women to go in office)
the way I see it is that women don't really want to do this =-/...

I have another question.. are women drafted.. like by force.. like men used to be?... if not.. why not?... because they can have babies and men cant?

100 years ago, women were much more suppressed then they are now. today, women are encouraged more to do their best and excel as far as they can. being a woman however, does not automatically mean she will utilize her talents in the most positive way. young women are also not under the same social pressure as young men are, and perhaps young men put more of a focus on their egos due to this social presure rather then excelling in school.

ah women, an unsolved mystery really...or maybe that's just me.
I definitely think women have more power, most guys just won't admit it. Women are more sly and can easily get what they want. while men just hope that they'll get lucky :wink: jks

It's some sort of knot here that are possible to untie in futher depth. I think we're dealing with a social problem. Women are encouraged to sit still, but guys should go out and have fun etc.
Also women were suppressed as long as we know, so that explains the genious part.
70% of the people who starts at the university here in Oslo are women. Also at high schools females have better grades. There's so many stunning females at the university here I find it hard to concentrate. It's funny, but when I look deeper into the whole thing I find it slightly troubling.

Last edited:

What is the current status of women in education and politics?

As of 2021, women are making significant strides in both education and politics. In terms of education, women now make up the majority of college graduates in the United States. In politics, women hold a record number of seats in the US Congress and are increasingly being elected to leadership roles at all levels of government.

Are women outperforming men in education?

Yes, statistics show that women are outperforming men in education. In the US, women have higher high school and college graduation rates than men, and they are also more likely to earn advanced degrees. This trend is seen globally as well, with women surpassing men in educational attainment in many countries.

What factors contribute to the rise of women in education and politics?

There are many factors that have contributed to the rise of women in education and politics. Some of the key factors include increased access to education for women, shifting societal attitudes towards gender equality, and the rise of women's empowerment movements. Additionally, policies and laws promoting gender diversity in education and politics have also played a role.

What challenges do women still face in education and politics?

Despite the progress made, women still face challenges in both education and politics. In education, women continue to face gender discrimination and stereotypes, as well as unequal access to resources and opportunities. In politics, women often face barriers to entry and advancement due to sexism, gender bias, and lack of representation in leadership positions.

Will women continue to overtake men in education and politics?

It is difficult to predict the future, but it is clear that women are making significant gains in education and politics and are continuing to push for greater representation and equality. With ongoing efforts towards gender equality and empowerment, it is likely that women will continue to make progress in these areas.