Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Unable to enter a carriage return into my posts

m3dicat3d

Jan 11, 2013
My enter key on my keyboard has no effect when posting/replying. Is there something I'm missing? I don't like writing out run on paragraphs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Re: understanding the derivative of natural log function

Thanks for the reply, I just starting writing out a long winded reply as to what I didn't understand, and in the process I thought through the matter more and ended up understanding it haha! (Btw, for future reference, my enter key on my keyboard has no effect when posting/replying. Is there something I'm missing-I don't like writing out run on paragraphs :) )
I'm not sure what you mean but the enter key gives a new line when I press it and to post a reply I need to click the button.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

Thanks for the reply, I just starting writing out a long winded reply as to what I didn't understand, and in the process I thought through the matter more and ended up understanding it haha! (Btw, for future reference, my enter key on my keyboard has no effect when posting/replying. Is there something I'm missing-I don't like writing out run on paragraphs :) )
What OS/browser are you using?

m3dicat3d

Jan 11, 2013

Win7 64, IE10

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Try logging out and back in again and see if the problem still persists.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Sorry for the late reply.

This is a known problem with the forum software version we use, vB 4.2.0. Apparently the next version corrects this issue and I think we should be ready to upgrade soon. Once we do I will let you know and until then I apologize for the inconvenience. The best thing to do for now is to use another browser.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This should be fixed now in a sort of workaround way. For IE10 users, MHB will display in IE9 now but the WYSIWYG editor should work again.