Udacity College Algebra Question

In summary, the conversation is about a high school student who wants to major in physics and/or mathematics in college and is taking a college algebra course from Udacity to further their education. They are wondering if the course will prepare them for trigonometry and are looking for good online trigonometry courses. It is suggested that the course covers most of Algebra 2 and should be sufficient for learning trigonometry. The student is advised to focus on chapters 1-15, then learn trigonometry, and then chapters 16-34. It is also recommended to check out learnerstv.com and khanacademy.org for additional resources.
Tyler133
I'm going to be a sophomore in high school this coming school year and I want to major in physics and/or mathematics in college so I am doing the college algebra course from Udacity to further my education. I am wondering; after taking this course will I have all I need to be able to move on to trigonometry or will I still need to focus more on algebra? If I can move on what are some good online trigonometry courses? If I shouldn't move on what else should I learn and where should I learn it from? I know this is a lot of questions but I have been wondering this for a while and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is what the course covers:

Lesson 1: Number
Lesson 2: Expressions
Lesson 3: Polynomials
Lesson 4: Equations
Lesson 5-1: Coordinates
Lesson 5-2: Distance
Lesson 5-3: Midpoints And Slope
Lesson 6-1: Slope And Equations
Lesson 6-2: Points
Lesson 7: Forms of the Equation of a Line
Lesson 8: Inequalities And Absolute Value
Lesson 9: More Inequalities And Equations
Lesson 10: Parabolas
Lesson 11: Factoring
Lesson 12: Quadratic and Rational Inequalities
Lesson 13: More Parabolas
Lesson 14: Completing the Square
Lesson 15: Quadratic Formula
Lesson 16: Complex Numbers
Lesson 17: Functions
Lesson 18: Domain and Range
Lesson 19: Behavior of Functions
Lesson 20: Factor Theorem
Lesson 21: Rational Zero Test
Lesson 22: Intermediate Value Theorem
Lesson 24: Asymptotes
Lesson 25: Slant Asymptotes
Lesson 26: Transformations
Lesson 29: Exponential Functions
Lesson 30: Scientific Notation
Lesson 31: Logarithmic Functions
Lesson 32: Log Properties
Lesson 33: Solving Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
Lesson 34: Population, Scrolls and Sound

This may cover most of Algebra 2 but I am wondering if there is enough practice problems for this course to be sufficient enough for me to be able to move on to trigonometry immediately after I finish the course.

Physics news on Phys.org
This looks like a comprehensive course. For sure you won't need anything else to learn trigonometry. I suggest you learn chapters 1-15, then trigonometry, then 16-34. I see learnerstv.com has some trig videos, have a look there.

You'll be very well set in algebra. Definitely find something for trigonometry, or if you can find a "precalculus" class you will review some algebra (always good) as well as get the trigonometry you use.

It doesn't seem Udacity has either right now, but maybe they will offer it. I checked coursera, and they only have one in Spanish right now. (Come to think of it, I could *really* brush up on my spanish if I took it...)

So, I would advice good old khanacademy.org for all your math needs: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/trigonometry

-Dave K

Related to Udacity College Algebra Question

1. What is Udacity College Algebra Question?

Udacity College Algebra Question is a course offered by the online education platform Udacity. It covers fundamental topics in college algebra, including equations, functions, and graphs.

2. Is Udacity College Algebra Question suitable for beginners?

Yes, Udacity College Algebra Question is designed for beginners with little to no prior knowledge of college algebra. It is a self-paced course, allowing students to work at their own pace and review concepts as needed.

3. What are the requirements for taking Udacity College Algebra Question?

There are no prerequisites for taking Udacity College Algebra Question. However, it is recommended that students have a basic understanding of arithmetic and algebraic concepts.

4. How is the course structured?

Udacity College Algebra Question is divided into units, each covering a specific topic in college algebra. Each unit contains video lessons, practice exercises, and quizzes to test understanding. There is also a final exam at the end of the course.

5. Can I earn a certificate for completing Udacity College Algebra Question?

Yes, students who successfully complete all the units and pass the final exam can earn a certificate of completion from Udacity. The certificate can be shared on social media or added to a resume or CV.