Mathematica: Quantum Algebra package

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of quantum algebra packages for Mathematica, with a specific mention of the package by Cesar Augusto Guerra. There is a request for a demo or instruction file for this package and clarification on what is meant by "quantum algebra." The conversation ends with the mention of two links for downloading quantum algebra packages for Mathematica 8.0 and 5.0.
evgkr
Hi,

Does anybody knows good quantum algebra package for Mathematica ?
I'm currently using the package of Cesar Augusto Guerra, but it supports only Mathematica 4.1-4.2 and does not handle well non-operators, thus messing up the simplification process of the equations.

In any case, does anyone has te demo/instruction file
Code:
QuantumAlgebra.nb
of this package.

Thanks ahead.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can not answer neither, but... do you mean quantum algebra in the sense of arxiv/q-alg or quantum algebra in the sense of arxiv/quant-ph?

When I say Quantum Algebra I mean: Non-Commutative operators algebra + Dirac notation.

OK. I asked because modernly QA refers also to all the theory of "quantum lie algebras and quantum groups" which relates so solvable systems in [statistical, many-body] mechanics etc. So you can get the wrong package easily.

1. What is the Mathematica: Quantum Algebra package?

The Mathematica: Quantum Algebra package is a software tool designed for use with the Mathematica programming language. It provides a comprehensive set of functions and algorithms for performing calculations and simulations in the field of quantum algebra.

2. How does the package handle quantum algebra computations?

The package uses a combination of symbolic and numerical methods to handle quantum algebra computations. It allows for the manipulation of quantum operators and states, as well as the calculation of expectation values and matrix elements.

3. Can the package be used for both research and education purposes?

Yes, the Mathematica: Quantum Algebra package is designed for use in both research and education. It provides a user-friendly interface for beginners and advanced tools for researchers in the field of quantum algebra.

4. Is the package compatible with other Mathematica packages?

Yes, the package is compatible with other Mathematica packages, allowing for a seamless integration of different computational tools and methods. It also provides support for other programming languages such as Python and Java.

5. How can I obtain the Mathematica: Quantum Algebra package?

The package can be obtained through the official Mathematica website or through third-party vendors. It may also be available in university libraries or through institutional subscriptions. Some features of the package may require a paid subscription to access.