Two ideal dc sources and a resistor with lengths involved

In summary, the conversation is about an assignment with the question being question 13 from a PDF file. The person is struggling with the problem and mentions that it involves some form of node analysis and the use of lengths, which they haven't encountered before. They ask for some hints on how to approach the problem, to which the other person suggests replacing the wires in the circuit with their corresponding resistance values.
Yarnzorrr
Ive been given an assignment with the question being question 13of the following pdf:
http://vlsi-eda.cm.nctu.edu.tw/course/ICT_12Summer/hw/HWCh4.pdf
(note this isn't my actual assignment i just found this one on the internet that happened to be the same question that i was looking for)

Im really lost, i have no idea how to even start to tackle this problem! It looks like some form of node analysis but the involvemt of lengths isn't somethingthat I've seen before. Just a few hints on how to do this would be greatly apreciated..

Physics news on Phys.org
You just have to replace the wires in the circuit with their corresponding resistance. That is, 2x [itex]r x[/itex] on the left hand side and 2x [itex]r (L-x)[/itex] on the right.

Related to Two ideal dc sources and a resistor with lengths involved

1. What is an ideal DC source?

An ideal DC source is a power supply that provides a constant voltage output without any fluctuations or noise. It is considered ideal because it has zero internal resistance and can provide an infinite amount of current to the circuit.

2. Can two ideal DC sources be connected together?

Yes, two ideal DC sources can be connected together in a series or parallel configuration. In a series connection, the voltages of the two sources will add up, while in a parallel connection, the voltage will remain the same but the current will increase.

3. How does a resistor affect the output of the ideal DC sources?

A resistor placed in a circuit with two ideal DC sources will cause a voltage drop and limit the current flowing through the circuit. The amount of voltage drop will depend on the resistance value of the resistor and the current flowing through it.

4. How do the lengths involved in the circuit affect the output?

The lengths involved in the circuit, such as the distance between the two ideal DC sources or the length of the connecting wires, can affect the resistance and therefore the voltage drop in the circuit. This can result in a slightly lower output voltage than what is expected from the ideal DC sources.

5. What is the purpose of using two ideal DC sources in a circuit?

Using two ideal DC sources in a circuit can provide a more stable and reliable power supply, as well as increase the available current for the circuit. This can be useful in applications that require a higher voltage or current than what can be provided by a single source.