Two courses at the same time? (Uk)

In summary: Biology may be a little more difficult, but I think you could try contacting some universities who offer external A level provision (not all do though). Physics may be the most difficult, but I think you could try contacting some universities who offer external A level provision (not all do though).In summary, if you are looking to sit your A levels as an external student, there are a few ways to do so. You can search on Google for schools near you which offer this service, or you could look for exam centers which allow you to sit the exams. You would also have to pay the price of the exam as well as the invigilator fee. Biology and physics may be more difficult to find a suitable facility for, but I
CrossboneSRB
All right, so I've been trying to find something about this subject for a while now, but I came up with nothing. I am starting my second year of engineering and I wish to drop in 3 A levels into the mix, but since I can't fit A levels into my timetable, I wanted to just sit these A levels as an external student and self teach myself at home. Unluckily my college doesn't offer such things and therefore I need to look somewhere else, I really need to find a college quickly that could allow me to sit the exams as an external student, are there any facilities that would allow me to do this near slough? The college year has already begun and I'm still looking desperately for any sort of information on this subject. I need to know whether there are any ways to finding out if a college allows external students other than in person or which colleges do offer such opportunities, if any.

Physics news on Phys.org
CrossboneSRB said:
All right, so I've been trying to find something about this subject for a while now, but I came up with nothing. I am starting my second year of engineering and I wish to drop in 3 A levels into the mix, but since I can't fit A levels into my timetable, I wanted to just sit these A levels as an external student and self teach myself at home. Unluckily my college doesn't offer such things and therefore I need to look somewhere else, I really need to find a college quickly that could allow me to sit the exams as an external student, are there any facilities that would allow me to do this near slough? The college year has already begun and I'm still looking desperately for any sort of information on this subject. I need to know whether there are any ways to finding out if a college allows external students other than in person or which colleges do offer such opportunities, if any.

Which A levels? For ones without coursework (no science) it will be fairly easy to find a center to sit your exams at. However if you have to do coursework, or a practical (in every science you have to) then you'll have to find an college which would allow you to do so.

For exams centers you can search on Google schools near your area which teach A level and call them up and ask if you could simply sit the exams. There may also be exam centers which allow you to sit the exams. You'd usually have to pay the price of the exam as well as the invigilator fee (varies).

I'm planning to take biology, physics and maths, it seems it's going to be a rough search for biology and physics, although I think I'm going to ask whether I could squeeze in biology into my timetable at college and hopefully it will make finding some facility for physics and maths a bit easier.

Also I'm ready to pay any fees for the A levels.

CrossboneSRB said:
I'm planning to take biology, physics and maths, it seems it's going to be a rough search for biology and physics, although I think I'm going to ask whether I could squeeze in biology into my timetable at college and hopefully it will make finding some facility for physics and maths a bit easier.

Also I'm ready to pay any fees for the A levels.
Maths will be easy to take (C1-C4 & S1&S2 or D1/D2 or M1/M2 or any other combination of applied modules). I suggest you just look at centers which allow you to do the practicals, and then sit the A level for that exam board, that will probably be easier. Edexcel is the most popular overall, especially for maths.

I understand the importance of balancing multiple courses and the desire to continue learning and expanding one's knowledge. It is commendable that you are seeking to take on additional A levels while studying engineering. However, it is important to consider the workload and potential challenges of self-teaching these courses while also managing your engineering coursework.

In terms of finding a college that allows external students to sit A level exams, I recommend reaching out to the exam boards directly. They may be able to provide a list of colleges or institutions that offer this option. Additionally, you can also contact local colleges or universities to inquire about their policies on external students. It is possible that some institutions may allow you to sit the exams, but it will ultimately depend on their individual policies and availability.

I also encourage you to consider seeking support from your current college or university. They may have resources or suggestions on how to manage your course load and potentially integrate A levels into your timetable. Alternatively, you may also want to consider online courses or tutoring services to supplement your self-teaching.

Overall, it is important to carefully assess your options and ensure that you are able to manage your workload effectively. I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that works for you.

Related to Two courses at the same time? (Uk)

1. Can I take two courses at the same time in the UK?

Yes, it is possible to take two courses at the same time in the UK. However, it is important to carefully consider your workload and make sure you can manage both courses effectively.

2. How do I enroll in two courses at the same time in the UK?

You will need to apply and be accepted to both courses separately. You may also need to get approval from your academic advisor or the university to ensure that your course load is manageable.

3. Will taking two courses at the same time affect my grades?

This depends on your ability to manage your workload and stay organized. If you are able to balance both courses effectively, it should not negatively impact your grades. However, it is important to prioritize your coursework and seek help if needed.

4. What are the benefits of taking two courses at the same time?

Taking two courses at the same time can allow you to complete your degree faster, save money on tuition, and gain a wider range of knowledge and skills. It can also be a good option if you have a specific career goal that requires knowledge from both courses.

5. Are there any limitations to taking two courses at the same time in the UK?

Some universities may have restrictions on the number of courses you can take at once, and some courses may have overlapping schedules which could make it difficult to manage. It is important to carefully plan your schedule and communicate with your professors if any conflicts arise.