Turns ratio of an Armstrong oscillator

In summary, if your calculation result seems incorrect, there are a few things you can check. Make sure all the information used is accurate, review the steps taken, and consider using a different calculation method if necessary.
zsolt2
Homework Statement
Hi all.
I need a bit of a help.
I need to find the turns ratio of an Armstrong oscillator
attached the question and the attempt to solve it as well.
Relevant Equations
Gloop=1/n((hfe/hie)R'l
R'l=Rl//hoe//(n^2 R1//R2)
The result of my calculation doesn't seem right for me. Can you please help me find where did I go wrong with it.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG2.PNG
    Capture.PNG2.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Capture.PNG3.PNG
    Capture.PNG3.PNG
    6.1 KB · Views: 170
  • question4b.docx
    15.2 KB · Views: 149
Physics news on Phys.org
There are a few possible causes of this issue. Firstly, check that all of the information you have used to make your calculation is correct and up-to-date. If you have used old or incorrect data, it could be causing an inaccurate result. Secondly, double-check all of the steps you have taken in your calculation to ensure that none have been omitted or performed incorrectly. Finally, it could be that the type of calculation you have used is not suitable for the purpose you are trying to achieve; if this is the case, consider using a different calculation method.

Related to Turns ratio of an Armstrong oscillator

1. What is the turns ratio of an Armstrong oscillator?

The turns ratio of an Armstrong oscillator is the ratio of the number of turns in the primary coil to the number of turns in the secondary coil. It is typically denoted as "Np:Ns" where Np is the number of turns in the primary coil and Ns is the number of turns in the secondary coil.

2. How does the turns ratio affect the output frequency of an Armstrong oscillator?

The turns ratio of an Armstrong oscillator is directly related to the output frequency. A higher turns ratio will result in a higher output frequency, while a lower turns ratio will result in a lower output frequency. This is because the turns ratio affects the inductance of the oscillator circuit, which in turn affects the resonant frequency.

3. What is the ideal turns ratio for an Armstrong oscillator?

The ideal turns ratio for an Armstrong oscillator is typically around 1:1. This means that the number of turns in the primary and secondary coils are equal. However, the exact ideal turns ratio may vary depending on the specific design and components used in the oscillator.

4. How can I calculate the turns ratio for my Armstrong oscillator?

The turns ratio can be calculated by dividing the number of turns in the primary coil by the number of turns in the secondary coil. It is important to note that this calculation may be affected by factors such as the inductance of the coils and the frequency of the oscillator.

5. Can the turns ratio be adjusted in an Armstrong oscillator?

Yes, the turns ratio can be adjusted in an Armstrong oscillator by changing the number of turns in either the primary or secondary coil. This can be done by physically adding or removing turns from the coil, or by using variable inductors or capacitors to adjust the inductance of the circuit.