Turbine performance: understanding notation

In summary, the conversation discusses a turbine performance map and the terms GT12, 72 trim, and 0.39 A/R. The link provided explains that GT12 is the model of the turbine and 0.39 A/R refers to the turbine's area and radius. The term 72 trim is also mentioned, which can be further understood through the provided link. The individual is looking to generate a corrected mass flow rate vs pressure ratio curve for a turbine used in an aircraft environmental control system, but does not have data from standard conditions.
Rahul Mohan P
Hi Guys. This is for my post graduation project. I came across a turbine performance map where the turbine specs are mentioned as GT12, 72 Trim, 0.39 A/R. Now what exactly these terms means. Please help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
zAbso said:
http://turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/wheel_trim

This should explain what trim is, I only briefly read over it but it should help.
Thank You. I have data for a two wheel bootstarp air cycle machine used in aircraft environmental control system for air-conditioning under working conditions. The data is for different flight conditions, different temperature and pressure. I want generate corrected mass flow rate vs pressure ratio curve of the turbine used in the system. I don't have the standard data noted at STP (standard pressure and temperature) conditions, and no manufacture provided performance curve, but can I generate a curve using the available values which is not taken under STP conditions.

Related to Turbine performance: understanding notation

1. What is turbine performance notation?

Turbine performance notation is a standardized way of representing the performance of a turbine. It includes important parameters such as flow rate, pressure, and efficiency, and is used to compare the performance of different turbines.

2. Why is it important to understand turbine performance notation?

Understanding turbine performance notation allows scientists and engineers to accurately assess the efficiency and effectiveness of a turbine. It also helps in making informed decisions about which turbine to use for a specific application.

3. How is turbine performance notation calculated?

Turbine performance notation is calculated using various equations and formulas that take into account the input and output parameters of the turbine. These include the mass flow rate, inlet and outlet pressures, and temperature.

4. What are the different types of turbine performance notation?

There are several types of turbine performance notation, including isentropic efficiency, polytropic efficiency, and adiabatic efficiency. These notations differ in the assumptions and calculations used, but all aim to measure the performance of a turbine.

5. How does turbine performance notation affect turbine design?

Turbine performance notation plays a crucial role in turbine design as it helps engineers determine the optimal specifications for a turbine that will result in the desired performance. It also allows for the comparison of different design options to find the most efficient and effective turbine.