Trying to build a rotating platform

In summary, the speaker is looking to build a rotating platform for a system with two 12in. subs weighing 60 pounds. They want it to rotate 180 degrees with the flip of a switch, but have no experience and cannot afford professional help. They are seeking ideas and guidance on how to start the project, including specifications such as dimensions, rotation speed, and mode of actuation.
DC_Guy
Hi so I am trying to build a rotating platform for a system consisting of two 12in. subs approximately 60 pounds, I would like it to rotate 180 degrees and then back with the flip of a switch if possible. I have absolutely no experience in this what-so-ever and all of the auto places want to charge me a ridiculous amount of money to do it. So if anybody would please help me with ideas or where I might look to start it would be greatly appreciated

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ok , could you be a lil more clear about what you are keeping on the platform ? their dimensions ? speed of rotation ? mode of actuation ?

Related to Trying to build a rotating platform

1. How does a rotating platform work?

A rotating platform works by using a motor or other power source to turn a central axis, allowing the platform to rotate around it. Some rotating platforms also use gears or belts to transfer the movement from the motor to the platform.

2. What materials are commonly used to build a rotating platform?

The materials used to build a rotating platform can vary depending on the specific application, but common materials include steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic. These materials are often chosen for their strength, durability, and ease of use.

3. Do I need any special tools or equipment to build a rotating platform?

The tools and equipment needed to build a rotating platform will depend on the complexity of the design. However, some common tools that may be necessary include a drill, saw, screwdriver, and measuring tools. In some cases, specialized tools such as a lathe or CNC machine may also be needed.

4. How can I ensure the stability and safety of my rotating platform?

To ensure the stability and safety of a rotating platform, it is important to carefully design and construct the platform with strong and durable materials. The platform should also be regularly inspected and maintained to avoid any potential hazards. Additionally, following proper safety protocols and using appropriate safety equipment, such as gloves and goggles, can help prevent accidents.

5. What are the most common uses for a rotating platform?

Rotating platforms have a wide range of uses, including as a display platform for products, a base for photography or videography equipment, a turntable for 3D scanning, and a platform for rotating experiments or models in a laboratory setting. They can also be used in manufacturing and industrial processes, such as assembly lines or testing equipment.