Troubleshooting Private Message Bouncing: Unread 3498, Total 3531 Problem

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary, the individual received multiple PM's indicating that their emails were bouncing back due to a large number of unread PM's. They suspect the issue may have occurred while trying to retrieve a forgotten password and have already deleted some PM's. They are advised to check their email notification settings and turn them off to prevent further alerts. The issue of accumulating over 3500 PM's is still unresolved.
scott1
I got about 20 PM's saying "Alert: Your emails are bouncing back". They're probally form when I was trying to get password back. I deleted some of them and I have a big problem:
Private Messages: Unread 3498, Total 3531.

What's the problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
:bugeye: Your PM inbox should have filled up long before that!

First, at least until Greg or Chroot sees this to fix it, see if you have email notifications turned on. If you do, turn it off and see if that at least stops you from getting MORE of those alerts. That still doesn't resolve why you have managed to accumulate over 3500 PMs when you're only supposed to get something like 25 or 50 max, but maybe it will stem the tide until help arrives.

I shouldn't be getting anymore I think it was form when I couldn't password back. I think I already have it off.

Has anyone looked at the problem yet?
I need to send a PM.

Related to Troubleshooting Private Message Bouncing: Unread 3498, Total 3531 Problem

1. What is a PM problem?

A PM problem, also known as a project management problem, refers to any issue or challenge that arises during the planning, execution, or monitoring of a project. It can range from delays in project timeline to budget constraints to communication breakdowns among team members.

2. How do you identify a PM problem?

There are several ways to identify a PM problem, including conducting regular project status meetings, monitoring project metrics, and soliciting feedback from team members. Additionally, any deviation from the project plan or unexpected obstacles can also signal the presence of a PM problem.

3. What are some common causes of PM problems?

Some common causes of PM problems include inadequate planning, poor communication, lack of resources, and scope creep. Other factors such as unrealistic expectations, changes in project requirements, and stakeholder conflicts can also contribute to the occurrence of PM problems.

4. How can PM problems be resolved?

The best way to resolve PM problems is to address them proactively and collaboratively with the project team. This may involve revising the project plan, reallocating resources, or implementing new communication strategies. It is also important to prioritize and tackle one problem at a time rather than trying to solve all issues simultaneously.

5. How can PM problems be prevented?

Prevention is key in avoiding PM problems. Project managers can minimize the risk of PM problems by creating a comprehensive project plan, establishing clear communication channels, setting realistic expectations, and regularly monitoring project progress. It is also crucial to identify potential issues early on and address them before they escalate into major problems.