Troubleshooting Chrome Upload Issues: Is Your Browser to Blame?

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
In summary, there can be multiple reasons for being unable to upload files in Google Chrome, such as outdated software, browser settings, or a faulty Chrome installation. To fix this issue, try clearing the cache and cookies, updating Chrome, or checking browser settings. Additionally, disabling extensions or plugins may also help. If the file upload gets stuck, it could be due to a slow internet connection, large file size, or a temporary glitch. There have been reported bugs and issues with file uploads in Chrome, but they are usually resolved with updates. It may be helpful to report the issue to Google or seek support from their community forums if problems persist.
Drakkith
Mentor
Is anyone else having problems uploading files to a post/thread using Chrome? I can open the menu and select a file to upload, but it never actually uploads, it just sits there without uploading or immediately clears the file name from the upload box.

Physics news on Phys.org
test in chrome

antiparticle.png

What's your OS Drak?

Evo said:
What's your OS Drak?

Windows 10.

Okay, apparently it's just a problem on my laptop, which also has windows 10. I just tested it on my desktop and I was able to upload several files using chrome.

Related to Troubleshooting Chrome Upload Issues: Is Your Browser to Blame?

1. Why can't I upload files in Google Chrome?

There can be several reasons why you are unable to upload files in Chrome. Some common causes include outdated software, browser settings, or a faulty Chrome installation.

2. How do I fix the issue of not being able to upload files in Chrome?

To fix this issue, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, ensuring that your Chrome browser is up to date, and checking your browser settings to ensure that file uploads are allowed. You can also try using a different browser or restarting your computer.

3. Can extensions or plugins affect file uploads in Chrome?

Yes, certain extensions or plugins can interfere with the functionality of Chrome, including file uploads. Try disabling any recently installed extensions or plugins to see if that resolves the issue.

4. Why does my file upload get stuck in Chrome?

This could be due to a slow internet connection or a large file size. It could also be caused by a temporary glitch in the browser. Try refreshing the page, checking your internet connection, and reducing the file size if possible.

5. Are there any known bugs or known issues with file uploads in Chrome?

There have been some reported bugs and issues with file uploads in Chrome, but these are usually resolved with updates and fixes. If you consistently experience problems with file uploads in Chrome, it may be helpful to report the issue to Google or seek support from their community forums.