Iraqis Rejoice Over Fall of Baghdad

• News
  • Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fall
In summary, the fall of Baghdad marks the end of the Iraq War. Iraqis are rejoicing, but some are upset about the loss of life. Al Jazeera is doing a good job reporting on the celebrations.
Just because you taught someone to steal doesn't mean you can't some day change your ways, join the police force and arrest that same person.

Too bad America's choice for the past 30 years has been to hire another thug to deal with the problems created by the last one.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Zero
You start out ok:

Then you proceed to incorrectly define both the problem and the solution. Close, but no cigar. There are no such things as 'terrorist governments'.

So you don't like my definition. What do you call Saddam Hussein's regime if not a "terrorist government".

Originally posted by Zero
Too bad America's choice for the past 30 years has been to hire another thug to deal with the problems created by the last one.

I agree, it is a pretty stupid thing to do. But people, and governments can change. I'm optimistic.

Originally posted by Alias
So you don't like my definition. What do you call Saddam Hussein's regime if not a "terrorist government".
Not to mention the Taliban. A government of the terrorists, by the terrorists, and for the terrorists. Others would include Lybia (they may be changing), Syria, and Iran.

I would define a "terrorist government" as one who sponsors terrorism as the primary (or just a major) part of their foreign policy.