Does anyone know MacOS X better than I do?

• Thread starter cytokinesis
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is wondering if there is a way to make a script or set up a screensaver at the login screen to prevent their screen from dying. They are also interested in having a screensaver for aesthetic purposes and mention difficulties with leaving their computer running due to the glowing blue screen and server software issues. They are aware of the option to have a screensaver after the login screen but are unsure if there is a way to have one at the login screen itself. Any help would be appreciated.
cytokinesis
I'm wondering if there is a way that I can make a script or something like that so that my screen saver can turn on at the login screen. I don't want my screen dying from sitting at that blue screen for so long and I don't know how to set it up to do that. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
your screen won't die, back in the day monitors would get burned from static images been displayed for a long period of time but anymore screensavers are just for looks.

oh okay

well can i have one for looks anyways? or at least make the screen go black.

I also find it'd hard to sleep when i leave my computer running and the blue screen glowing like a treasure chest you'd see in the movies. Also, since I have an old bubble iMac i can't shut off the monitor without killing my server software. The only way to do that is to put it into sleep mode and Apache doesn't seem to run (or at least properly) with my computer in sleep mode.

Last edited:
well i know you can have one if you go past the login screen, but i am really don't know otherwise.

Yeah I know I can make a screen saver after the login screen but I want to know if there is a way i can have one at the login screen just for the hell of it

1. What makes someone an expert in MacOS X?

Experts in MacOS X typically have extensive knowledge of the operating system, including its features, capabilities, and how to use them effectively. They also have experience troubleshooting and resolving common issues that may arise.

2. How can I improve my knowledge of MacOS X?

One way to improve your knowledge of MacOS X is to regularly use the operating system and explore its various features and functionalities. You can also read online tutorials and guides, attend workshops or classes, and participate in online communities or forums dedicated to MacOS X.

3. Can someone know MacOS X better than the creators of the operating system?

It is possible for someone to know MacOS X better than its creators, as they may have specialized knowledge or experience with specific aspects of the operating system. However, the creators of MacOS X have a comprehensive understanding of the system as a whole.

4. What are some common misconceptions about MacOS X?

Some common misconceptions about MacOS X include that it is not compatible with certain software or hardware, that it is less secure than other operating systems, and that it is difficult to use. However, MacOS X is highly adaptable, has strong security measures in place, and is designed with user-friendliness in mind.

5. What are some resources for learning more about MacOS X?

There are many resources available for learning more about MacOS X, including online tutorials, user manuals, video tutorials, and online communities or forums. You can also attend workshops or classes, or consult with a technology expert for personalized guidance.