Advent of Color: Revealing the Pattern from Revelation 4

• Thread starter Iacchus32
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Color
In summary, the conversation delves into the idea that meditation may be a means of tapping into universal information or connecting with a higher being. The use of colors and numbers in mysticism is also discussed, with the suggestion that there is a relationship between the seven colors of the spectrum and the seven notes of the musical scale. The conversation ends with a mention of the number 444, which corresponds to the color white in the color code and to the A note above middle C in music.
Iacchus32
From the thread, The USA is God:

Originally posted by megashawn:
But perhaps these enlightened people were merely tapping into a source of universal information. Perhaps the act of meditation is to attune ones mind to the proper frequency to receive what the universe has to say. Or maybe, just maybe, some all mighty being is getting a big kick out of the new arena sport he just invented.
A source of universal information? Hmm... In other words the mind is like a receptacle, "or door," to another dimension?

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." (Revelation 4:1-5)

So here, with respect to the rainbow and seven lamps which, are the seven spirits of God, it seems to suggest the six basic colors of the color wheel in accord with the color white, where white is the center and the medium (white light): the 24 elders clothed in white? All of which are arrayed as follows:

Red (1), Orange (2), Yellow (3), White (4), Green (5), Blue (6) and Violet (7) ... which is further detailed by the following equations:

Red-Orange-Yellow (123) + White-White-White (444) = Green-Blue-Violet (567). Whereas Yellow (3) x White-Red (41) = Red-Orange-Yellow (123) and, Violet (7) x Gray-Red (81) = Green-Blue-Violet (567). And also, Yellow-Violet (37) x Red-Orange (12) = White-White-White (444).

See the pattern here? It's simliar to the color code used in electronics, while also portraying the pattern on the front cover of my book - http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html - which is strange because I practice a form of meditation where, once I "tune in," I begin to see yellow smoke rings (3) set against a violet backdrop (7). And as it progresses, a smoke ring takes form, and then begins to diminish in size, until a new one forms to take its place, and on it goes ... All of which has something to do with the "spherical nature" of things and keeping one's thoughts "in context" (in the moment): i.e., Yellow-Violet (37) x Red-Orange (12) = White-White-White (444) ... where the color white is the medium (4/444) or white light itself.

Also note that the color Gray corresponds to the number 8 which, in the absence of light, proceeds to the color Black (9). Whereas with the absence of light (0), you get that which reflects light, and hence the first "pigmented color," or Brown (10). Which is where the electronics color code begins by the way, beginning with black (0), brown (1), red (2), orange (3), etc..

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
i enjoy mysticism; more in an esthetic sense than what it seems you do, but none the less i find it interesting. which leads me to a question; how you is the numbering for the various colors such as "Red-Orange-Yellow (123)" derived?

Originally posted by kyleb
i enjoy mysticism; more in an esthetic sense than what it seems you do, but none the less i find it interesting. which leads me to a question; how you is the numbering for the various colors such as "Red-Orange-Yellow (123)" derived?
When you look at the color spectrum which is called visible or "white light," you'll notice it occurs between the infrared spectrum and the ultra-violet spectrum. Therefore it's only appropriate that you assign the beginning value to the color Red (1) and the ending value to the color violet (7), as these two occur at the beginning and the end of the spectrum.

As for the color white, which signifies the color spectrum itself, it's appropriately viewed in the center (as the number 4); and here, if you were to shine the other colors on the same spot, all you would see is white light. Does that make any sense? I've gone into more detail here on the following page if you're interested: http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html

yes, the explanation of how it is laid out over the spectrum does make it more clear to me. i can't say i rightly have my head around it, but i do not feel nearly as lost as i did. the one thing that really sparked my curiosity is the idea that of the white-white-white being 444; as 444hz is what some have declared as the A directly above middle C, in music that is. granted it could be coincidence, but i know your position on that so i figure i should mention it. :wink:

Originally posted by kyleb
yes, the explanation of how it is laid out over the spectrum does make it more clear to me. i can't say i rightly have my head around it, but i do not feel nearly as lost as i did. the one thing that really sparked my curiosity is the idea that of the white-white-white being 444; as 444hz is what some have declared as the A directly above middle C, in music that is. granted it could be coincidence, but i know your position on that so i figure i should mention it. :wink:

It stands to reason that there should be some relationship here, because as with the seven colors, there are seven notes to the musical scale. As for this "A directly above middle C" thing I'm not familiar with it? Does it have something to do with 444hz being set as "mid-range?" This is just a guess ...

middle C is just the center of a standard 5 octave keyboard and the A directly higher in frequencies is basically considered "mid-range" as that is what is generally accepted that tuning should be derived from. however, as for what the actually frequencies should be; that is a subject that gets a lot of argument, a=444hz is just one accepted value. please don't think i am holding out on you with this though, i haven't practiced music in ages and it never really was my strong point; i just figured i would mention what little i do know.

This is interesting! Thanks!

That is a pretty informative. I'm not sure if you know my stance on religous matters, but I generally do not speak about my "beliefs", as I think they are crazy. Anyhow, I do strongly believe there is more to life and existence then what we know. I can't prove it, merely speculate as others do.

It seems to me that quantum physics holds a lot of keys to a lot of doors. While I grasp the basics of it, I definately do not claim to know everything about it.

But it seems to me the most important aspect of any relationship is communication. Relationships fail because of lack of communication. My relationship with the gods of human imagination has failed, due to lack of communication.

And I also think that information is everywhere (I may have said this, but bare with me for a sec). Knowledge is a collection of information. If the entire universe is connected through quantum entanglement, then information should be able to be collected from everywhere (once the technology comes about of course) and thereby having a knowledge of everything.

I can see that this has probably already happened, either by a god type being, natural laws we've yet to discover, or through an even more advanced species. Almost as if there is a database of everything in existence.

Imagine how overloaded our computers would be if we started trying to input such a database. Now while our brains are very powerfull, much more so then modern computers, I believe that they could even be overloaded by such a connection. Merely that our brains do not contain the processsing power to input so much data, and we either get what we can and become "enlightened" or we choose to explain what has happened as our brains playing tricks on us.

Perhaps through means of meditation, prayer and what not people are actually able to connect to this source of information, and become overloaded in someway that actually changes the way they view reality.

I really don't know, just thought I'd try something other then picking on sheeps and goats.

Makes for interesting reading Iacchus32. Not that I know much about musical-scales. And without me having to buy the book, what are your conclusions to all of this?

Originally posted by Lifegazer
Makes for interesting reading Iacchus32. Not that I know much about musical-scales. And without me having to buy the book, what are your conclusions to all of this?
This is just of one many patterns I've discovered which I don't believe are merely coincidence. Whereas I had come up with the number and color scheme long before I drew the correlation to verse and chapter above. But I would recommend following the link about my cover page, and from there click on the cover page itself (home page) to better understand what the symbolism means: http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html

Am also considering writing a piece on how to practice the meditation here, but that's still in the works. Hey wouldn't it be funny if I could show people how to do this, even all these left-brain intellectual types, and show it's possible to make an "internal observation" and be able to share it with others? Now wouldn't that be something?

Originally posted by Iacchus32
This is just of one many patterns I've discovered which I don't believe are merely coincidence. Whereas I had come up with the number and color scheme long before I drew the correlation to verse and chapter above. But I would recommend following the link about my cover page, and from there click on the cover page itself (home page) to better understand what the symbolism means: http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html

Am also considering writing a piece on how to practice the meditation here, but that's still in the works. Hey wouldn't it be funny if I could show people how to do this, even all these left-brain intellectual types, and show it's possible to make an "internal observation" and be able to share it with others? Now wouldn't that be something?
Yes, that would be something. Firstly, you'd have to convince them that what you were 'seeing' wasn't a construct of your own subconcious, in response to specific expectations. Then you'd have to bribe them, somehow, to get them to mimic your methods, so that by patient adherence to your words, they might have a mind-ful experience of "yellow smoke-rings against a violet backdrop".
They might even enjoy that experience, and be thankful to you. But now what? Are you advocating that God's havin' a cigarette, or something?:wink:
This is boys' stuff. What I want to know, is what it all means. Do I need to buy some ultra-violet lighting for my salvation? Or do you have something deeper for us to contemplate? Seriously. Now you'll know why I stated that reason is important, in that other thread.
I hate to say this to you; but unless you make the connection you need to make (God), and then explain how you made that connection; then few people will ever take you seriously. No offense intended. The guys your are talking to here are primarily science-people. They want more than "coincidences". They want meaning.
And then they'll argue with you. :smile:

Originally posted by Lifegazer
I hate to say this to you; but unless you make the connection you need to make (God), and then explain how you made that connection; then few people will ever take you seriously. No offense intended. The guys your are talking to here are primarily science-people. They want more than "coincidences". They want meaning.
And then they'll argue with you. :smile:
Well I have my book I can refer them to, which goes much further into my beliefs. It's filled with lots of intriguing coincidences as well. Whether anyone choses to believe or not that's their business. I'll just go on choosing the way I believe for myself if nothing else.

From the thread, "What is it about the moment?"

"I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone" ... from the song, Dust in the Wind, by Kansas.

So what is it about the moment? Except that it stands outside of time and space? Or, does time and space stand within it? Ahh, could this be the origin of both eternity and infinity?

Ahh, could this be the very connection to an Eternal Creator Who, stands outside of time an space? ... i.e., through the moment? So what is it about the moment that speaks to us about such things? ... "our experience?"

Therefore it must be like they say, how can you experience God or, for that matter anything else, if you can't experience "It" for yourself?

"Be still, and know [experience] that I am God ..." (Psalms 46:10)

If just for "one moment" we took a snapshot of Creation, everything would exist in the here and now, including time and space, which are infinite. Therefore the moment itself must encompass (i.e., stand outside of) everything. Just picture in your mind for "one moment," the universe as a bubble, and you'll see what I mean.
This is just something to reflect on for now ... it has to do with the nature of the meditation above which, involves "focusing on the moment." Am still debating on whether or not I should try to begin discussing it? ...

Originally posted by megashawn
That is a pretty informative. I'm not sure if you know my stance on religous matters, but I generally do not speak about my "beliefs", as I think they are crazy.
It seems like I've heard this before? ...

But it seems to me the most important aspect of any relationship is communication. Relationships fail because of lack of communication. My relationship with the gods of human imagination has failed, due to lack of communication.
Sounds pretty basic to me.

I really don't know, just thought I'd try something other then picking on sheeps and goats.
From what you say above, you sound like a pretty reasonble person? ...

From the thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50&perpage=15&pagenumber=9" ...

Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
Right, you got it!

Consciousness is a concept. A "state" of being. It doesn't exist, it's just something we use to communicate to each other.

Unless you want to look into the unique identifying factors of consciousness and use that as your proof of existence of this "thing" you are going to label consciousness.

Does that make sense?

2. Do not superimpose mythology onto reality.
Let me ask you something here? How is it possible to be objective "outside" of what it means to be human? How can you possibly make a claim to such a thing if in fact you were subject to the same criteria? Do you have some sort of special "knowing" that we all don't share? You can refer to all the studies and "documented proof" that you like, but where does "the witness" to that proof actually lie? Could it be the same human beings who, out of their own sense of "subjective cognizance," that set up the experiments in the first place? If so, then that would be tantamount to saying "the truth" is virtually unobtainable ... and yet, here we are trying to sort things out and make sense of it all? ... How strange?

Of course there might be one possible solution to our dilemma here, that in fact we do have a soul which, in conjunction with a Greater Entity (God), does stand outside of time and space -- i.e., in a "truly obective" sense. Or else how is it possible to be obective? And how could we even conceive of its possiblity?
From the thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2000&perpage=15&pagenumber=1" ...

Originally posted by FZ+
Logical problem: How can order give existence to sentience, if without sentience order cannot exist? Solution: Sentience transcends time, which is absurd.
Time and space comes together in the here and now! ... And believe it or not that is transcendent!

"I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone ..." And yet the moment "always is," and that's what trandscends time -- i.e., through "the observer." This is what the focus of meditation is supposed to entail, tuning into the "stillness of moment," and using that as a springboard for one's "inner-experience."

Actually... I don't think so.

Rather, it is the nature of awareness that creates time - not the reverse. The universe doesn't move around us, but we move linearly through time.
And yet the moment is. Which is existence itself. Only "the observer," which is cognizant, can recognize this.

You see this is what makes us unique.

The moment is... what?

And really... that's what makes us unique? Where did that come from?

Huh?[?]
Cognizance gives us the ability to know we exist. Cognizance gives us the ability to know the truth. Cognizance belies the fact that we're awake and alive. Yet cognizance cannot be "realized" except within the moment. We can only become aware in the moment. We can only acknowledge truth in the moment. We can only know we exist in the moment. Therefore the process of knowing (and acknowlegment) "coincides" with the moment. Whereas each moment becomes a new awakening, and a new awareness to the fact that we exist (through cognizance, consciousness, awareness, etc.).

If you're still confused, just become aware of the fact that you exist "within" the moment, and realize you couldn't do so out side of it.
Perhaps I could have been a little more clear in my explanation here, but I think you'll catch my drift ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't post here unless music and audio physics had been mentioned. Here's my contributions:

1. "It stands to reason that there should be some relationship here, because as with the seven colors, there are seven notes to the musical scale. As for this "A directly above middle C" thing I'm not familiar with it? Does it have something to do with 444hz being set as "mid-range?" This is just a guess ..."

There are 12 notes in the musical scale. Further more the musical scale you are thinking of was NOT invented until MUCH TIME after the bible...

Also, the "A above middle C" is NOT AT 444hz. It is at 440hz which is completely different.

2. "When you look at the color spectrum which is called visible or "white light," you'll notice it occurs between the infrared spectrum and the ultra-violet spectrum. Therefore it's only appropriate that you assign the beginning value to the color Red (1) and the ending value to the color violet (7), as these two occur at the beginning and the end of the spectrum."

I see no reasoning as to why violet shouldn't be (1) and Red be (7). Furthermore I do not see ANY logic in why white is labeled 4 since it's in the center. It wouldn't be applicable at all.

3. "This is just of one many patterns I've discovered which I don't believe are merely coincidence. "

Iacchus32 - I'm going to be honest and tell you it's sad that you based so much on these false statements. Furthermore the links you've provided to your website are also somewhat based on this information.

There is NO PATTERN here, therefore there's nothing to be merely coincidence. In the future I would urge you to learn logic, reasoning, and stray from religious mythology.

Also, the "A above middle C" is NOT AT 444hz. It is at 440hz which is completely different.
A sounds quite nice at 444hz. notice that 440hz was just an adopted value...

I wouldn't post here unless music and audio physics had been mentioned. Here's my contributions:
Did you read (and understand) the passage from the book of Revelation?

There are 12 notes in the musical scale. Further more the musical scale you are thinking of was NOT invented until MUCH TIME after the bible...
I'm afraid the only musical scale I'm familiar with is the one with seven notes. And how would you account for the harmonics in a twelve note scale? Does that mean the notes would be more compressed?

This wasn't my contribution by the way, and doesn't really effect things one way or the other. Although it would have been another "timely" coincidence.

I see no reasoning as to why violet shouldn't be (1) and Red be (7).
Except for the fact that red occurs at a lower frequency I believe ...

Furthermore I do not see ANY logic in why white is labeled 4 since it's in the center. It wouldn't be applicable at all.
What is the frequency of white light by the way? Is it the entire range, between the colors red (1) and violet (7) or, is it a set frequency? If it were a set frequency then it would probably be set at "mid-range," hence coinciding with the scheme that I've laid out.

Iacchus32 - I'm going to be honest and tell you it's sad that you based so much on these false statements. Furthermore the links you've provided to your website are also somewhat based on this information.
Did you read the part about the meditation and its effect which, happens to coincide with the design of my avatar? (am not sure I included part about avatar in this thread). The key here are the colors yellow (3) and violet (7) with their assigned number values ... whereas 37 x 12 = 444, hence "the center," which is "white light."

There is NO PATTERN here, therefore there's nothing to be merely coincidence. In the future I would urge you to learn logic, reasoning, and stray from religious mythology.
If you fail to see the pattern I would suggest you look again. However, if I were somehow fortunate enough to rate at just a "mere coincidence," then it probably wouldn't be worth your while to do so ... But thanks anyway!

Originally posted by HazZy
A sounds quite nice at 444hz. notice that 440hz was just an adopted value...
According to the original post 444hz is one of the "accepted" values. Of course you couldn't prove it by me, because it's been a long time since I've played music. But still it's something to ponder ... Thanks for your reply!

Did you read (and understand) the passage from the book of Revelation?

Define understand. It's surely in English, but giving it any other value than a mythology which has NO logical reason to be superimposed onto anything in reality, is your mistake!

Originally posted by Iacchus32 I'm afraid the only musical scale I'm familiar with is the one with seven notes. And how would you account for the harmonics in a twelve note scale? Does that mean the notes would be more compressed?

Let me repeat. There is NO musical scale with seven notes. Non exists out of all musical scales developed by all groups of people in the world. Aside from weird scales developed in the past 20 years.

Originally posted by Iacchus32 Except for the fact that red occurs at a lower frequency I believe ...

You're making a bias mistake here. Why would you asign a frequency with a lower "value" a lower number? Now, don't say DUH. Let's not take for granted your choice here. There are certain propers of the red wave that are "higher" numerically than the violet. So there's no logical reason, as I said, to asign it the lower value.

Once one realized that, I do believe it blows your idea out of the water. Furthermore, this "444 A above middle C" thing is gettin' to me. SO what? Any number you could add up would easily be a frequency of some note, as notes range in frequency (audible to humans) in over 20,000.

From that there I see clearly that you have an emotional investment in this theory, which has disallowed you from seeing logically and ubiased. I mean no offense, but it's sticking right out at me!

Originally posted by Iacchus32 What is the frequency of white light by the way? Is it the entire range, between the colors red (1) and violet (7) or, is it a set frequency? If it were a set frequency then it would probably be set at "mid-range," hence coinciding with the scheme that I've laid out.

Here you have made a grave error. A very very bad error indeed. You are comparing a "mass" of light hitting you with light in terms of a wave.

There IS NO SUCH THING AS WHITE LIGHT. White is simple a way to define when ones eyes are seeing a summation of all colors. White light has NO FREQUENCY. It simply, taken as a whole, contains millions of frequencies.

To "average it out" and assume it'd be the very middle of the 1 through 7 is a horrible error. It's undefendable!

Originally posted by Iacchus32 Did you read the part about the meditation and its effect which, happens to coincide with the design of my avatar? (am not sure I included part about avatar in this thread). The key here are the colors yellow (3) and violet (7) with their assigned number values ... whereas 37 x 12 = 444, hence "the center," which is "white light.

I rest my case. Assigning numbers to non-numerical things is something that's been done who knows how many times. And every time it's done with bias. Without this bias you wouldn't reach this special number 444. Furthermore, the frequency of this "a above C" is a random note chosen as a center based on the chosen range of the damn piano. What that has to do with anything is beyond me. Piano is the only instrument which has this note at it's center. You've got a grave error here man.

Originally posted by Iacchus32 If you fail to see the pattern I would suggest you look again. However, if I were somehow fortunate enough to rate at just a "mere coincidence," then it probably wouldn't be worth your while to do so ... But thanks anyway!

I rest my case. It's not mere coincidence, simply because what you think is occurring here is NOT occur. It only happens when you bend towards bias to reach the goal you feel emotional entitled to have.

No offense but, I think it's going to be hard to realize these errors and move onward...

{quote]Define understand. It's surely in English, but giving it any other value than a mythology which has NO logical reason to be superimposed onto anything in reality, is your mistake!
What I meant by this was "make the connection."

Let me repeat. There is NO musical scale with seven notes. Non exists out of all musical scales developed by all groups of people in the world. Aside from weird scales developed in the past 20 years.
Do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do ... It's been around longer than that because I saw it on the Sound of Music! ... I think?

You're making a bias mistake here. Why would you asign a frequency with a lower "value" a lower number? Now, don't say DUH. Let's not take for granted your choice here. There are certain propers of the red wave that are "higher" numerically than the violet. So there's no logical reason, as I said, to asign it the lower value.
Actually I think God prefers to reveal Himself to us in "simple ways," otherwise we'd never get it! ... I stand by my reasoning.

Once one realized that, I do believe it blows your idea out of the water. Furthermore, this "444 A above middle C" thing is gettin' to me. SO what? Any number you could add up would easily be a frequency of some note, as notes range in frequency (audible to humans) in over 20,000.
Like I said I'm not the one who brought up the issue with music and numbers here.

From that there I see clearly that you have an emotional investment in this theory, which has disallowed you from seeing logically and ubiased. I mean no offense, but it's sticking right out at me!
About the music? ...

Here you have made a grave error. A very very bad error indeed. You are comparing a "mass" of light hitting you with light in terms of a wave.
And when you could take six light bulbs, each tuned to their respective colors -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet -- and shine them on the same spot, guess what? You get white light!

There IS NO SUCH THING AS WHITE LIGHT. White is simple a way to define when ones eyes are seeing a summation of all colors. White light has NO FREQUENCY. It simply, taken as a whole, contains millions of frequencies.
Summation of all "visible colors?" ...

To "average it out" and assume it'd be the very middle of the 1 through 7 is a horrible error. It's undefendable!
While I have to admit I was somewhat divided on the issue which, is why I decided to do it!

I rest my case. Assigning numbers to non-numerical things is something that's been done who knows how many times. And every time it's done with bias. Without this bias you wouldn't reach this special number 444.
123 + 444 = 567 ... 3 x 41 = 123 ... 7 x 81 = 567 ... 37 x 12 = 444. How much bias does it take to see how this adds up?

Furthermore, the frequency of this "a above C" is a random note chosen as a center based on the chosen range of the damn piano. What that has to do with anything is beyond me. Piano is the only instrument which has this note at it's center. You've got a grave error here man.
And yet the piano is very popular and it defines a certain range of audibility.

I rest my case. It's not mere coincidence, simply because what you think is occurring here is NOT occur. It only happens when you bend towards bias to reach the goal you feel emotional entitled to have.
Well when the penny drops it usually requires very little effort indeed!

No offense but, I think it's going to be hard to realize these errors and move onward...
But where are we going? ...

Do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do ... It's been around longer than that because I saw it on the Sound of Music! ... I think?
it's been around for around 1000 years. guido (father of music)invented it as some sort of tribute to saint john.

..to a conclusion that this proposition is based on misinformation which was so falsifiable I was able to provide this ruining INFORMATION at 4AM without need to make a single reference to check my work or any investigation.

I often find religious arguments, and other ones as well, as this easy to rip apart.

You said: "123 + 444 = 567 ... 3 x 41 = 123 ... 7 x 81 = 567 ... 37 x 12 = 444. How much bias does it take to see how this adds up?"

What is the meaning of this number system. Explain it so I can explain it's bias or mistake.

Furthermore, when you make a statement like this:

"Actually I think God prefers to reveal Himself to us in "simple ways," otherwise we'd never get it! ... I stand by my reasoning."

You make yourself appear so uncredible. How could anyone, here or in real life, make a decision to believe a word you say when you speak a statement as strange, dsiturbing, and downright gross as that?

And you dare to call this "reasoning"?

This is truly disturbing to hear. In your most previous post I still see a huge emotional attachment to this idea. Please nail it to your brain that this IS NOT reasoning. You are using emotion to cloud the ability to properly reason.

Can you at least recognize that? It'd literally be a step of freakin' evolution and I would surely award you with perhaps a care-package or brownies? Or maybe a prepaid VISA giftcard? I mean, boy would I love to give to a person who took advice like this and made themselves instantly a "Human 2.0" stepping out of emotional clouds and into reasoning.

So is it brownies or a gift card? :wink:

I should add two more things:

1. "Do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do ... It's been around longer than that because I saw it on the Sound of Music! ... I think?"

It still stands. The only scale you have ever heard music in is the western scale which contains 12 notes.

The Do re mi pattern is not a scale.

It's a key. Which was invented less than 1000 years ago in Rome. It perturbs me when people mistake such well-known things as this.

2. "I begin to see yellow smoke rings (3) set against a violet backdrop (7). And as it progresses, a smoke ring takes form, and then begins to diminish in size, until a new one forms to take its place, and on it goes ... All of which has something to do with the "spherical nature" of things and keeping one's thoughts "in context" (in the moment)"

You ought to stop looking for non-existant pseudo-scientific answers and turn to known truth.

This vision is easily described in neurooptical manuals. It's already been completely explained what ALL possible "eye-closed" neurooptical visions occur, and the sources of every color and of every geometrical shape which can be seen.

Don't you find it disturbing, and I mean this, that you have chosen to build up this huge deal involving numbers, frequencies, music, visions, and religious mythology, all to describe something that has so simply already been proven?

I find that incredibly disturbing. In fact, I almost get sad for your sake. I would again, urge you to attempt to lose emotional investment and find the truth, even if it wasn't what you wanted it to be. It sometimes isn't nice knowing you're wrong, but gain a mentality that happiness lies in living the truth and learning to live with it.

:smile: :wink:

I find that incredibly disturbing. In fact, I almost get sad for your sake. I would again, urge you to attempt to lose emotional investment and find the truth, even if it wasn't what you wanted it to be. It sometimes isn't nice knowing you're wrong, but gain a mentality that happiness lies in living the truth and learning to live with it.
Do you know anything about Existentialism?

And do you find yourself getting disturbed very often about other people's views? Maybe you need to learn how to relax man!

I know the defintion and general area of Existentialism. I know enough about it to know it has NO PLACE in this discussion. It's a further system you're using to justify your emotions over rationality. In no way I'm a meaning to offend you, it's simply a more unbias conclusion than yours, if ONLY that.

You said: "And do you find yourself getting disturbed very often about other people's views? Maybe you need to learn how to relax man!"

There is a problem with this. What is a view? If you mean it's an opinion, or anything similiar, then you have committed a "sin" against rule number 1.

I posted those in my sig because I knew those would be the most common errors made, as that is so with the general human species.

This issue is not an opinion. It is a fact.

Fact: I claim which is EITHER true or false
Opinion: I claim whichc arries no true or false value.

This claim, every subclaim you've made here, or facts.

You cannot say I am disturbed my your view. I am disturbed by how often humans committ the SUBJECTIVIST FALLACY.

In NO WAY is this an insult, if you take it as such, I would suggest you rethink your motives. Honestly, perhaps your emotional motives are "unconscious" as they say. Perhaps you don't recognize them as so blatant as I do?

Anyhow, have a great day! :smile:

It still stands. The only scale you have ever heard music in is the western scale which contains 12 notes.

The Do re mi pattern is not a scale.
the 12 note scale simply followed guidos use of do-re-mi... notice the 12 note scale we use today includes only 7 fundamental notes, also notice that these fundamental notes are all directly from do(C)-re(D)-mi(E)-fa(F)-so(G)-la(A)-ti(B). A#,C#,D#,F#, and G# were added later. music as we know it today started out as a 7-note scale used by monks to help them memorize chants.

why are you so determined about this anyways? it was made with 7 notes for OBVIOUS religous reasons, it's not a coincedence. it's also argued by many that the color spectrum was split up specifically in 7 colors due to religios reasons, i would agree.

Hazzy - Perhaps, and no offense, but because of my musical background I am able to view what you say as incorrect because it makes many generalizations that aren't realized by people except those who have dealt with and learned music so much that they are able to view things at the highest most level.

In other words, in your post above this you make many generalizations that are incorrect. However, unless you want me to point them out, I won't as I can accept they're not known by many people unless one has quite an extensive background in music.

PS: I am determined to share knowledge, REAL knowledge with those who lack it. I naturally wish to spread knowledge, some knowledge and only to some people, so that it sooner becomes "common knowledge" that's what I'm determined to do.

There's a slight bit of rule 1 being broken, but I emphasis without offense that I wish one would accept information rather than battle it with an axe.

PS: I am determined to share knowledge, REAL knowledge with those who lack it. I naturally wish to spread knowledge, some knowledge and only to some people, so that it sooner becomes "common knowledge" that's what I'm determined to do.

There's a slight bit of rule 1 being broken, but I emphasis without offense that I wish one would accept information rather than battle it with an axe.
Then I suppose sometimes the best way to share REAL knowledge is by "someone else" taking an opposite stance ...

By the way, it's been my experience that God reveals Himself to you through your own experience, meaning if I had known all these other (petty) things you seem to find fault with here, strictly in an "intellectual sense," then chances are I would have overlooked something as simple as this discovery ...

While this is also where the idea of existentialism comes in, which tends to suggest everything happens as matter of course, and it isn't necessary to look much further than this to find meaning and fulfillment. You know, "One day at a time." In other words it's all about "the experience" of life itself.

Last edited:
Originally posted by HazZy
the 12 note scale simply followed guidos use of do-re-mi... notice the 12 note scale we use today includes only 7 fundamental notes, also notice that these fundamental notes are all directly from do(C)-re(D)-mi(E)-fa(F)-so(G)-la(A)-ti(B). A#,C#,D#,F#, and G# were added later. music as we know it today started out as a 7-note scale used by monks to help them memorize chants.

why are you so determined about this anyways? it was made with 7 notes for OBVIOUS religous reasons, it's not a coincedence. it's also argued by many that the color spectrum was split up specifically in 7 colors due to religios reasons, i would agree.
Thanks again for the input! I wasn't that aware of the musical scale and color spectrum being split up specifically for religious purposes, although I had probable cause that they were -- due to the "universal nature" of the hexagram and what their relationship is to it.

Hazzy - Perhaps, and no offense, but because of my musical background I am able to view what you say as incorrect because it makes many generalizations that aren't realized by people except those who have dealt with and learned music so much that they are able to view things at the highest most level.
whatever generalizations you may find, you can't refute that Guido D'Arezzo invented the 7-note scale. maybe you don't understand what a scale is...

http://www.teoria.com/reference/scales/02.htm [Broken]

I think my knowledge of what a scale is is as advanced as anyones could be. It's a simple concept.

then why couldn't you understand the SIMPLE concept that there is a 7 note scale? seems like someone is just trying to cover up their mistakes...

There is no 7 note scale. Show me one. It doesn't exist.