Trig Identities Question NEED HELP

In summary, the conversation involves a person asking for help proving an equation involving (1+sin2x) and (cosx + sinx) / (cosx - sinx), and being advised to use double angle identities and the fact that 1+2sinxcosx is a perfect square. The person also mentions having the formulas but not knowing how to use them.
darrenc
How do I prove that

(1+sin2x) = (cosx)
(cosx + sinx) (cosx - sinx)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't tell what you need to prove, since what you have written is ambiguous. Put parentheses around the terms in each numerator and in each denominator.

Do you know any double angle identities?

Mark44 said:
I can't tell what you need to prove, since what you have written is ambiguous. Put parentheses around the terms in each numerator and in each denominator.

Do you know any double angle identities?

I know double angle identities such as

sin2x = 2sinxcosx and the three cos2x ones but i can't get anything to work

I've got all the formulas but i don't know how to use them to make it work

Dude, i got pissed off at this same question yesterday. The key is 1 +2sinxcosx is a perfect square!

Related to Trig Identities Question NEED HELP

1. What are trigonometric identities?

Trigonometric identities are equations that involve trigonometric functions and hold true for all values of the variables.

2. Why do we need to learn about trigonometric identities?

Trigonometric identities are important in solving equations, simplifying expressions, and proving mathematical statements in trigonometry.

3. What are some common trigonometric identities?

Some common trigonometric identities include the Pythagorean identities, double angle identities, half angle identities, and sum and difference identities.

4. How do I use trigonometric identities to solve equations?

To solve equations using trigonometric identities, you can manipulate the given equation using the identities to simplify it and eventually solve for the unknown variable.

5. What are some tips for remembering trigonometric identities?

Some tips for remembering trigonometric identities include practicing regularly, understanding the proofs behind the identities, and creating flashcards or cheat sheets for quick reference.