Train on 4.4 Incline: Solving for Momentary Rest

In summary, the conversation discusses a train traveling up a 4.4 degree incline at a speed of 3.10 and the time it takes for the last car to come to a momentary rest after breaking free and coasting without friction. The individual is seeking help with using kinematic equations to calculate the time and clarifying the meaning of the incline.
Manni
A train is traveling up a 4.4 incline at a speed of 3.10 when the last car breaks free and begins to coast without friction. How long does it take for the last car to come to rest momentarily?

The way I approached it that I reduced the speed to its x and y components. But I don't know what kinematic equations to use that relate the those two dimensions. Help?

Physics news on Phys.org
By 4.4 incline, does that mean that the incline rises 4.4 meters for every meter that is traveled horizontally? Or vice versa?

It means that the train makes an angle of 4.4 degrees relative to a flat surface

Related to Train on 4.4 Incline: Solving for Momentary Rest

1. What is the purpose of training on a 4.4 incline?

Training on a 4.4 incline is a way to increase the intensity of your workout and challenge your muscles in a different way. It can also help improve your cardiovascular endurance and strength.

2. How do I calculate my momentary rest while training on a 4.4 incline?

Momentary rest can be calculated by dividing the total time spent on the incline by the number of breaks taken during the workout. For example, if you trained for 20 minutes and took 4 breaks, your momentary rest would be 5 minutes.

3. Is training on a 4.4 incline suitable for all fitness levels?

It is important to consult with a fitness professional before starting any new workout routine, especially if you have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions. However, training on a 4.4 incline can be adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels by changing the speed and duration of the workout.

4. What are the benefits of incorporating momentary rest into my workout?

Taking momentary rest during a workout can help improve your endurance and allow your muscles to recover before continuing with the exercise. It can also help prevent injury and improve overall performance.

5. Can I use other incline levels for this type of training?

Yes, you can use other incline levels for this type of training. The 4.4 incline is just one example, but you can adjust the incline to suit your fitness level and goals. Just make sure to maintain proper form and technique to avoid injury.