Is God Our Grandfather? A Funny or Blasphemous Thought?

• Thread starter chosenone
  • Start date
In summary, brothers and sisters, Jesus is not the son of God, but He is the father of mankind. If this is true, then Jesus is our grandfather. What do you think of this idea?
chosenone
I had a funny though,and I wanted to know If anyone likes it?If Jesus is the son of God.That makes God Jesuses Father,of course.since Jesus will have a wife when he returns(rev 19:7-9)that would mean that mankind are jesuses kids,and he is your father and his wife is your mother,so we are all bothers and sister.that would make God are grandfather.what do you think,funny or blasphemy?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, but what if He and the Father were One?

Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man there is the son of my father's son ... Huh?

Originally posted by chosenone
I had a funny though,and I wanted to know If anyone likes it?If Jesus is the son of God.That makes God Jesuses Father,of course.since Jesus will have a wife when he returns(rev 19:7-9)that would mean that mankind are jesuses kids,and he is your father and his wife is your mother,so we are all bothers and sister.that would make God are grandfather.what do you think,funny or blasphemy?

Why didn't you post this in the Religion Forum?

Besides, the wife of Jesus is figurative (as all of the other related scriptures indicate).

Well jesus can't be the son and the father at the same time.if god is all matter going forward in time as he uses matter to act out his plan,with infinite awareness of every atom at once.then jesus is just a person he created too.he's not god,just a human he put on Earth to bring god to the world for him.god doesn't have a voice in the world because he's not able to talk to us.unless you consider someone who hears voices in their head and says their talking to god qualifies.he sent jesus to do it for him!

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one. But this constitutes the craft, the power and the profit of the priests." - Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, 1803

Originally posted by BoulderHead
"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one. But this constitutes the craft, the power and the profit of the priests." - Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, 1803
You know what they say, a cat has three names: the first being the name his master calls him, for example let's say "Ralph"; the second being his scientific name, i.e., Felis catus?; and the third being the name that nobody knows but the cat himself? Or, would this just be another name for the "cat's meow?"

Anyhow, there are obviously three "distinct things" associtated with one's identity here: the first being the proper title or name, how people might recognize you from afar (The Father); the second being the manisfestation of you, "in the flesh" (The Son); and the third being your spirit or soul which, is your "conscious identity" that resides within (The Holy Ghost).

So yes, it's very possible to address the three as one, in fact it would probably be "most proper." While I suppose it's possible to address each aspect seperately as well, for here we are all "wired up" to the Internet, communicating with each other (I guess?), and it would seem we've by-passed the first two. Which is probably why this forum is so damned addicting!

Hmm... Maybe this is the problem?

Originally posted by Iacchus32
You know what they say, a cat has three names: the first being the name his master calls him, for example let's say "Ralph"; the second being his scientific name, i.e., Felis catus?; and the third being the name that nobody knows but the cat himself? Or, would this just be another name for the "cat's meow?"
To have three names is one thing, but no one ever claimed my cat to have any counterparts outside and insist that he was in fact them and that they were him.

Yes, there are three ways (or degrees) in which a person is to be addressed: in the formal sense (by name), in the flesh (in person), and in the way only the person himself knows how to address (one's identity).

so what your really saying is that you address jesus as god,because jesus is basically god in human form,because if god was to send someone to save people,why not himself.would people frown on having to worship a human,because a man is just a man ,not a god.god is everything.jesus is still just a man that god created to,deprite what god may have given him.i think even jesus would not dare say he's god,without being punished for blasphemy.he may be god,in human form,but god is god.not to mention,what do you think jesus would have that would make you think he's god,other than a intuitive understanding of god,and wisdom.that's not good enough for most people.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
To have three names is one thing, but no one ever claimed my cat to have any counterparts outside and insist that he was in fact them and that they were him.
Yes, this is heretical. And, although I don't think it's improper to view the holy trinity as three aspects of the "same being," it's just another way for the church to confuse the masses and hold sway over them. Once again, something with which common sense or reason should apply, the church corrupts in order to serve its own ends.

so what your really saying is that you address jesus as god,because jesus is basically god in human form,because if god was to send someone to save people,why not himself.
Doesn't sound any less plausible than calling Him the Son of God. In fact whether He's the Father or the Son, He's the closest thing there is on Earth to the Father, and may just as well be ... I guess?

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." (John 14:9-10)

Now this can be taken literally or, figuratively.

would people frown on having to worship a human,because a man is just a man ,not a god.
I think if you were to address Jesus with the awe and respect you would towards "the supernatural," that would probably suffice or, perhaps even as your "best buddy" or someone you might look up to? The last thing I think He expects though, is for people to "suck up to Him."

god is everything.jesus is still just a man that god created to,deprite what god may have given him.i think even jesus would not dare say he's god,without being punished for blasphemy.he may be god,in human form,but god is god.
And yet by virtue of the fact that He appears "in the flesh" (as Son or God), suggests the message may have less to do with God, than with the way we treat each other as human beings?

I don't think jesus likes people who suck up.he probable does it a lot with god.being jesus is a great honor bestowed on him by god.and he has to respect his position.so why would a normal person do it to him,if he's got his own problems?

Last edited:
well if jesus is the son and the father,what would you do if he came back.how would you see him as a person in real life.how would he be treated.what kind of life would he have if everybody was all over him.it would be worse the elvis one would think.how could someone want to even deal with that.

You bring confusion to all forums :E but in this case you confusion is justified.

Was he God or the son of God.

Both lead to inconsistancies. Modern believe reoves this somewhat with quasi-polytheism.

Well speaking of god and jesus.I was watching the discovery channel late night,and they say they found a box with the inscription james son of joseph bother of jesus on it.i watched the whole thing.I wonder why I did'nt heard it in the media or something,i had to see it on cable,you'd think that's big news but anyway.they're trying the athenticate it to prove jesus existed,did you hear anything about it.Oh and thanks for the compliment.I am confused.its nice to see poeple see me for who i am.

yes, i saw that. very interesting.

and jesus would have been one and the same with god. if god flew down in his private jet to israel circa 0 ad. the whole world would bow to him whether they believed in him 10 minutes ago or not (same thing would happen in todays time). that's just not a good way to go out :wink:. one in three, three in one, believe whatever your pastor tells you and be good little sheep. or just don't go to church, read your bible, and make your own decisions on what it means, like me .

James 2:19: "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble."

Jesus often referred to himself as the Son of Man also. I don't believe that Jesus is the Son in the Trinity. IMO, one of the reasons that Jesus came to earth, was born of woman, lived and died was to experience what is was to be Man so that he would better rule over us. He is, to me, Lord, Master, Father, Brother and friend just as I am father, husband, lover, brother, grandfather and friend to others. Is this so hard to understand or believe. In one sense we are all God in that God is all and all is God and we are of all.
Jesus also said that to reach God we must first go through him or some such implying that he and God were not identies but separate entities but that he , Jesus, was/is of God.

1. Is the idea of "God as our grandfather" meant to be taken seriously or as a joke?

The idea of "God as our grandfather" is meant to be taken as a funny thought or joke. It is not meant to be taken seriously or as a statement of religious belief.

2. How does the concept of "God as our grandfather" relate to traditional religious beliefs?

The concept of "God as our grandfather" is not related to traditional religious beliefs. It is a humorous and unconventional idea that is not meant to be taken as a serious theological concept.

3. Is this thought considered blasphemous by any religious groups?

Some religious groups may consider the thought of "God as our grandfather" to be blasphemous as it goes against traditional beliefs and may be seen as disrespectful towards God. However, it is ultimately up to individual interpretation and belief.

4. What is the purpose of the thought of "God as our grandfather"?

The purpose of this thought is to challenge traditional beliefs and encourage people to think about God in a new and humorous way. It is not meant to offend or disrespect anyone's religious beliefs.

5. Can this thought be explored in a scientific manner?

No, this thought cannot be explored in a scientific manner as it is not based on scientific evidence or principles. It is simply a humorous thought and not a scientific theory.