Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Resource icon

Top Thread Starters Per Forum 1.8.1

No permission to download
  • Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Top Thread Starters Per Forum - Allow you to display a collapsible block containing thread starters in select forums.

Overview:

This product will allow you to display a collapsible block containing a ranked list of thread starters in the forums you set as active. The block header displays how many users have started thread in each forum, and then displays those users sorted in descending order by the number of threads they have started in that forum. In the event of a tie, those users are then sorted in ascending order by userid. You can choose to display this block directly below...
Read more about this resource...

venom

Oct 17, 2017
thanks Markfl great to see and lets install this also before post i says i receive error in import see error

But install complete

venom

Oct 17, 2017
1 problem in this mod
i use hide and thanks tag in my forum (Hide Hack) when i scroll the mouse in thread title i see all hidden data visible ? please fix this
Now i disable the Mod

venom

Oct 17, 2017
any help please ?

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
1 problem in this mod
i use hide and thanks tag in my forum (Hide Hack) when i scroll the mouse in thread title i see all hidden data visible ? please fix this
Now i disable the Mod
Which product are you using for hide and thanks (a link to where you downloaded the product)? Can you provide screenshots of the issue?

venom

Oct 17, 2017

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The hide mod probably has hooks at standard places to run and Mark's new space isn't one of the default vBulletin spaces. I'm sure he can debug with some time but it would involve him looking through someone else's code, so we should give him a little time. :)

venom

Oct 17, 2017
btw nice mod and i am waiting for the new update
Thank You

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
btw nice mod and i am waiting for the new update
Thank You
Okay, now I see it is an issue with the content of certain BBCodes not being hidden in the thread preview. That will be easy enough to fix, and I have just done so, and will upload the update tonight when I am in for the night.

Incidentally, there would have been no way for me to have accounted for this beforehand, except in the rare case that I also used the "vFCoders - Hide Hack v4" product. However, this is a good option to have for traditional spoilers. (Yes)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Update - Version 1.8:

• BBCode tags stripped from block element thread previews.
  • Added setting to allow for designated BBCodes having their content hidden in block element thread previews.

venom

Oct 17, 2017
now i test its working fine thank you Mark

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
now i test its working fine thank you Mark
Please download the product and install again, as I just discovered I had left in a debugging statement. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

venom

Oct 17, 2017
Installed..... Thanks

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Update - Version 1.8.1:

• SEO friendly urls to member profiles added.
  • CSS fixed for block placed above thread list.

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello!
I have installed this product from a little days ago, perfect and fantastic! :)
Only have a 2 little problems or doubts:
1.- The links appears in the box, when click, not go to last post, go to the first post of thread.
I view the format of the url/link generate and I view this:
Url/link generate for the box:
Code:
https://www.mysite.com/foro/threads/411984-name-of-thread&p=1138154#post1138154
Well, compare I view that, if I change only one character, works with this change:
Code:
https://www.mysite.com/foro/threads/411984-name-of-thread[B]?[/B]p=1138154#post1138154
If I change & for ? works perfect. But this change I made for tests in browser, I don't know how change in product :)

The other little question, I view that, I can exclude this product of some scripts, like the example in this thread/first post, I have exclude of arcade, and well, are exclude, but always want exclude from script: downloads.
I add this script to exclude, but not exclude.

Thanks and regards!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Those links are generated using vBulletin's built in "fetch_seo_url()" function, which is what people expect to be used. If it's not generating a working link, then you likely have deeper issues with links in many places on your site. Unfortunately, I wouldn't really know where to tell you to look, as I've never encountered this issue before.

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Those links are generated using vBulletin's built in "fetch_seo_url()" function, which is what people expect to be used. If it's not generating a working link, then you likely have deeper issues with links in many places on your site.
Humm...bad news this for me :)
I mention it because, as you say, maybe I have errors in other places and I have not seen them yet ...
Unfortunately, I wouldn't really know where to tell you to look, as I've never encountered this issue before.
It is possible, maybe, some time ago I touched the configurations of friendly url's.
Attached a screenshot in case there was something not properly configured.
As always thank you very much! :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Humm...bad news this for me :)
I mention it because, as you say, maybe I have errors in other places and I have not seen them yet ...

It is possible, maybe, some time ago I touched the configurations of friendly url's.
Attached a screenshot in case there was something not properly configured.
As always thank you very much! :)

https://ibb.co/HPv8mkR
Hello!

I went to your site to take a look, and I don't see this product installed there. Do you want me to reinstall it and see if I can track down the issue?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello!

I went to your site to take a look, and I don't see this product installed there. Do you want me to reinstall it and see if I can track down the issue?
Ohhh... I have made a huge mistake !! (Here goes the icon of embarrassed ...)

I confused my thread response, it was not in this product, it was in another (MarkFL: Recent Posts Block).

I think I confused the thread response because, this product, I'm also installing it ... I had several windows/tabs open and apparently ... I've confused the thread for an answer ...

About the problem mentioned, but do not touch on this thread :) reconfigure friendly urls to then leave it as it was and ... there was a thread with more than one answer, click and ... took me to the correct post (not the first ).
Maybe, as you say, something is not right about this on my site, reconfigure but then I left again as it was and it seems to work well, I'm hoping there will be more threads with more posters to confirm it.
I think I should not wait, while writing this answer I've had another, I've tried, and yes, it seems that now leads to the correct post.
Do not do anything, reconfigure (change a point) but then go back to leave it as it was ... now it works, maybe on my site about it, there is something not very well ...

About your offer ... what to say, to thank you falls short ... thousands of thanks! :)

Although taking advantage of this thread ... I was thinking about the possibility of, in the index of the forum that the other product is shown, and when accessing each forum, that only appears this product (a possibility I was thinking ... :) )

Again, embarrassed icon :)
And many, many thanks for your offer and help!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Ohhh... I have made a huge mistake !! (Here goes the icon of embarrassed ...)

I confused my thread response, it was not in this product, it was in another (MarkFL: Recent Posts Block).

I think I confused the thread response because, this product, I'm also installing it ... I had several windows/tabs open and apparently ... I've confused the thread for an answer ...

About the problem mentioned, but do not touch on this thread :) reconfigure friendly urls to then leave it as it was and ... there was a thread with more than one answer, click and ... took me to the correct post (not the first ).
Maybe, as you say, something is not right about this on my site, reconfigure but then I left again as it was and it seems to work well, I'm hoping there will be more threads with more posters to confirm it.
I think I should not wait, while writing this answer I've had another, I've tried, and yes, it seems that now leads to the correct post.
Do not do anything, reconfigure (change a point) but then go back to leave it as it was ... now it works, maybe on my site about it, there is something not very well ...

About your offer ... what to say, to thank you falls short ... thousands of thanks! :)
No worries...the two products are similar in that they show a block element containing links. :)

Although taking advantage of this thread ... I was thinking about the possibility of, in the index of the forum that the other product is shown, and when accessing each forum, that only appears this product (a possibility I was thinking ... :) )

Again, embarrassed icon :)
And many, many thanks for your offer and help!
I see you have the other product ("MarkFL: Recent Posts Block v1.0") configured to show on all scripts. I'm not clear on what you wish to happen here. Can you clarify?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
No worries...the two products are similar in that they show a block element containing links. :)
Yes, but its a error when I posted my reply... :)
Thanks.

I see you have the other product ("MarkFL: Recent Posts Block v1.0") configured to show on all scripts. I'm not clear on what you wish to happen here. Can you clarify?
These words of yours have made it fall into detail, indeed the other product is configured to be displayed in all the scripts (with the symbol *).
This brings me (tomorrow I will review) if I put my answer correctly in the correct thread :) I wanted to disable it from the script downloads (for example) in the field of excluded scripts, and it did not work ...
Maybe I have to check the inclusion and exclusion of the scripts, which I do not have well configured.

What I wanted to say in my previous response was, the possibility of showing the other product in the forum index, but when you access subforums, only this product appears and not the other.

As always thank you very much!!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
...These words of yours have made it fall into detail, indeed the other product is configured to be displayed in all the scripts (with the symbol *).
This brings me (tomorrow I will review) if I put my answer correctly in the correct thread :) I wanted to disable it from the script downloads (for example) in the field of excluded scripts, and it did not work ...
Are you sure you have the correct script name? I'm not familiar with that product, nor what it does.

Maybe I have to check the inclusion and exclusion of the scripts, which I do not have well configured.

What I wanted to say in my previous response was, the possibility of showing the other product in the forum index, but when you access subforums, only this product appears and not the other.

As always thank you very much!!
I'm sorry, but I'm still not clear on what you're trying to do. If you exclude something by script name, then there's no way to differentiate by main forums and subforums...they both run the same script.

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
First of all, my apologies for such a long delay in answering.
A friend of mine had a serious accident and during this time, I have left aside the adons issue and the little free time I have had focused on other aspects.
Are you sure you have the correct script name? I'm not familiar with that product, nor what it does.
Humm... I think that yes, I have the correct script name :)

I'm sorry, but I'm still not clear on what you're trying to do. If you exclude something by script name, then there's no way to differentiate by main forums and subforums...they both run the same script.
In this case, I don't want exclude by script name.
I hope to express myself well: :)
In the index of the forum, this product not show but the other product yes.
In subforums this product yes, but the other product not.

Thanks and regards!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
First of all, my apologies for such a long delay in answering.
A friend of mine had a serious accident and during this time, I have left aside the adons issue and the little free time I have had focused on other aspects.

Humm... I think that yes, I have the correct script name :)

In this case, I don't want exclude by script name.
I hope to express myself well: :)
In the index of the forum, this product not show but the other product yes.
In subforums this product yes, but the other product not.

Thanks and regards!
On my local dev site, when I turn on both products, this one of course does not show on the index, because it is designed to work within individual forums. The recent posts block does show in both places though.

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Thanks for explanation :)

The recent posts block does show in both places though.
In a way, this is what I want to avoid, although it is not a problem for me either.
However, the reason for wanting to avoid it is as follows:
This product, Top Thread Starters Per Forum, works very well for me, but in some subforums, there are hundreds of thousands of threads, the load of the subforum is slow, very slow, and in some occasion it has given me a ram error.
I can exclude said subforum, but if you want to see it, you already know that you have full access to the tests you want :)

Regards!