Titanium rainbow quartz help

In summary, the conversation is about a fashion student looking for help in recreating the rainbow/iridescent effect found on titanium rainbow quartz crystals. It is suggested that the effect is achieved through vapor deposition techniques, but the process is complicated and requires specialized equipment. The student is not a hobbyist and is willing to commission someone with the necessary knowledge and equipment to help with the process. They are seeking advice on who to contact or where to start in their search.
hollyrussell
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a strange request...

I am looking to find out if there is any way with the help of an expert I can recreate the same or a similar effect of the rainbow/iridescent effect that is found on titanium rainbow quartz crystals? This could either be on glass, or metal or any material. As I am a fashion student and don't know that much about the scientific side of this effect, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
I believe that's done with vapor deposition techniques; that deposit a very thing layer of metal on the crystal.
While it's probably technically possible to do this to glass, I'm afraid the methods required to do this are well beyond the means of a hobbyist.

Thanks for replying. I realize that this is a complicated process but I am not simply a hobbyist. I am about to start a Masters at the Royal College of Art and am looking to find out whether with I can commission or find someone who has the equipment and knowledge to carry out a process like this. I have already done a great deal of research into this process but obviously I would need a lot of help. Would you be able to advise me on the type of person I would need to contact or where would be a good starting point? I am based in London.

Many thanks

Related to Titanium rainbow quartz help

1. What is titanium rainbow quartz?

Titanium rainbow quartz is a type of quartz crystal that has been treated with a thin layer of titanium. This treatment gives the crystal a colorful iridescent sheen, which is where it gets its name from.

2. How does titanium rainbow quartz help?

Titanium rainbow quartz is believed to have various metaphysical properties, such as promoting clarity, enhancing energy flow, and balancing emotions. It is also thought to help with concentration, creativity, and spiritual growth.

3. How do I use titanium rainbow quartz for healing?

There are various ways to use titanium rainbow quartz for healing. Some people like to carry it with them or wear it as jewelry, while others prefer to place it on their body during meditation or energy work. It can also be used in crystal grids or placed in a room to promote positive energy.

4. Is titanium rainbow quartz safe to use?

Yes, titanium rainbow quartz is generally considered safe to use. However, as with any crystal or mineral, it is important to research and handle with care. It is not recommended to ingest or use in place of medical treatment.

5. How can I care for my titanium rainbow quartz?

To keep your titanium rainbow quartz looking its best, it is recommended to clean it regularly with mild soap and water. You can also charge and cleanse it under the sun or moonlight, or by using other crystals such as selenite or clear quartz.