Tips for Avoiding: Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly?

• Thread starter yucheng
  • Start date
In summary: Try to avoid using them if at all possible.In summary, there are some tips on avoiding threads being picked for approval by the automated algorithm, but it's possible that your thread was approved because of luck or because you are new.
yucheng
Are there any tips on avoiding threads being picked for approval by the automated algorithm (specifically practices I have to change)? My same post got locked twice! Is it because I have been editing my post religiously, maybe with a bit of obsession and compulsion? I have also been trying out the reaction button. Previously there were other emojis, but for some reason I could only access the thumbs up, so I have been sort of playing around, then it got locked!

Likes PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a question for @Greg Bernhardt

When the automated algorithm puts something into moderation its action doesn't show up in the moderation log, but when one of us mentors OKs it that action does show up. And your thread shows that we've approved it several times already... yet it ends up back in moderation. I don't think I've ever seen that behavior before.

It can also be just bad luck, if your IP address is very close to one that has been registered on the Internet as a spam problem. As Nugatory says, Greg may be able to click a button or something to have the AI ignore that near match for now.

We scan the first several posts of new users. Soon you'll be out of the auto scan rule.

• Informative
Likes dlgoff, Wrichik Basu and yucheng
This explains what happened recently when I was replying to a homework problem that disappeared only to reappear about 45 minutes later.

It is a bit of a nuisance!

PeroK said:
This explains what happened recently when I was replying to a homework problem that disappeared only to reappear about 45 minutes later.

It is a bit of a nuisance!
Yeah, but on the flip side, the AI does a pretty good job of spotting spam and crackpot posts. That makes things quite a bit better for the Mentors (those posts never make it into the open forums). So there is a tradeoff... :wink:

Likes PhDeezNutz, Evo, dlgoff and 3 others
From what I have seen, a large number of LaTeX formulas seems to increase the risk.

Likes Evo

1. What is the purpose of awaiting approval before being displayed publicly?

The purpose of awaiting approval before being displayed publicly is to ensure that the content being shared is appropriate and follows any guidelines or regulations set by the platform or organization.

2. How long does it typically take for content to be approved?

The amount of time it takes for content to be approved varies depending on the platform or organization. Some may have a quick approval process, while others may take longer to review and approve content.

3. What are some tips for increasing the chances of content being approved?

Some tips for increasing the chances of content being approved include following any guidelines or rules set by the platform or organization, ensuring that the content is relevant and appropriate for the intended audience, and avoiding any controversial or offensive material.

4. Can content be rejected even after awaiting approval?

Yes, content can still be rejected even after awaiting approval if it is found to violate any guidelines or regulations, or if it is deemed inappropriate for the intended audience. It is important to thoroughly review and follow all guidelines before submitting content for approval.

5. Is there a way to expedite the approval process?

Some platforms or organizations may offer an expedited approval process for an additional fee. However, it is important to note that this may not always guarantee approval and it is still important to follow all guidelines and regulations.