Time dependent schrodinger equation and wave function

In summary: I would never, ever, look at work that requires me to apply for membership to a website in order to view the images. Either upload it directly to PF from your own computer (as an attachment, for example) or type it out.
PhysicsKid0123
1. Homework Statement
p: momentum
x: position
t: time
h_bar: Planck's constant
Ψ: wave function

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I've posted a link to pictures. http://imgur.com/a/TKvUu
I'm not vera good at using LaTex yet :(
So I've shown that the wave equation satisfied the schrödinger equation, but I'm not sure how to find which A(p) will also satisfy the schrodinger equation? Any pointers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
PhysicsKid0123 said:

Homework Statement

p: momentum
x: position
t: time
h_bar: Planck's constant
Ψ: wave function

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I've posted pictures. I'm not vera good at using LaTex yet :(

So I've shown that it has satisfied th schrodinger equation, but I'm not sure how to find which A(p) satisfy

No picture appears. You do not necessarily need to know or use LaTeX (although you should learn to do so); just typing it in text is OK, if you use, say, x^2 for ##x^2##, etc., You also need to be careful to use parentheses, so that you can distinguish between ##\frac{a}{bc}## and ##\frac{a}{b} c## (so, write a/(bc) for the first and (a/b)c for the second---rather than a/bc, which could mean either).

Ray Vickson said:
No picture appears. You do not necessarily need to know or use LaTeX (although you should learn to do so); just typing it in text is OK, if you use, say, x^2 for ##x^2##, etc., You also need to be careful to use parentheses, so that you can distinguish between ##\frac{a}{bc}## and ##\frac{a}{b} c## (so, write a/(bc) for the first and (a/b)c for the second---rather than a/bc, which could mean either).
Updated, thanks. Is it okay to post pictures of my work to show my attempt?

PhysicsKid0123 said:
Updated, thanks. Is it okay to post pictures of my work to show my attempt?

I would never, ever, look at work that requires me to apply for membership to a website in order to view the images. Either upload it directly to PF from your own computer (as an attachment, for example) or type it out.

Related to Time dependent schrodinger equation and wave function

1. What is the Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation?

The Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation is a mathematical equation that describes how the wave function of a quantum system evolves over time. It was developed by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrodinger in 1926 and is a fundamental equation in quantum mechanics.

2. What is the significance of the Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation?

The Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation is significant because it allows us to predict the behavior of quantum systems over time. It is used to calculate the probability of finding a particle in a certain location at a given time, and has been successfully applied to various fields such as atomic and molecular physics, solid state physics, and quantum chemistry.

3. What is the wave function in the context of the Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation?

The wave function, also known as the quantum state, is a mathematical function that describes the probability of finding a particle in a certain state at a given time. It is a key concept in quantum mechanics and is used to calculate the behavior of particles on a microscopic level.

4. How is the Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation solved?

The Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation is a complex partial differential equation that can be solved using various mathematical techniques, such as separation of variables, perturbation theory, and numerical methods. The specific method used depends on the system being studied and the level of accuracy required.

5. What are some real-world applications of the Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation?

The Time Dependent Schrodinger Equation has numerous applications in various fields, including quantum computing, quantum cryptography, and quantum teleportation. It is also used in practical applications such as designing electronic devices and understanding the behavior of atoms and molecules in chemical reactions.