TI-NSpire battery door / cover

• Calculators
  • Thread starter FCguy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Battery
In summary, the battery door for the rechargeable battery is missing from the TI-NSpire. Amazon has the battery door available for purchase for $11.01.
FCguy
I just picked up a TI-NSpire for nearly nothing. It's missing the battery door for the rechargeable battery (which is also missing). I can pick up the battery easily enough but I can't find the door anywhere! See the door (and it's screws ... which of course I don't have either) in the pic below. Halp!

ti-nspirecas_2.0_rbatt_ra_rtcol.jpg

edit: I noticed the picture is of a CAS ... I have a plain jane nspire. Another pic shown below seems to show that the battery door is the same. Amazon prime has the battery @ $11.01.

314MB3d5iSL._SY450_.jpg

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Wow ... zero replies in two days ... does ANYONE have any input on this?

You can contact Ti for a replacement door. They might be difficult to actually work with and could be a bit pricey for a simple piece of plastic. Actually, contact the place where they have all the defect calculators sent. They may be able to strip one off of a dead calculator and send to you for the cost of postage. Just a thought.
You could also find a sheet of black plastic and cut out to the size (with ears) to latch into the back area. Drill two small holes where the screws are (heck, drill four holes, one in each corner). Then screw in with eye glass screws.

You can contact Ti for a replacement door. They might be difficult to actually work with and could be a bit pricey for a simple piece of plastic. Actually, contact the place where they have all the defect calculators sent. They may be able to strip one off of a dead calculator and send to you for the cost of postage. Just a thought.
You could also find a sheet of black plastic and cut out to the size (with ears) to latch into the back area. Drill two small holes where the screws are (heck, drill four holes, one in each corner). Then screw in with eye glass screws.

CalcNerd said:

1.95 when I called plus shipping. I forgot about the screws however so now I need to find out what size they are

Related to TI-NSpire battery door / cover

1. How do I replace the battery door / cover on my TI-NSpire calculator?

To replace the battery door / cover on your TI-NSpire calculator, first turn off the calculator and remove the battery compartment cover from the back of the calculator. Then, carefully remove the old battery door / cover and replace it with the new one, making sure it is securely in place. Finally, replace the battery compartment cover and turn on the calculator to ensure it is working properly.

2. Can I use a different battery door / cover on my TI-NSpire calculator?

No, it is not recommended to use a different battery door / cover on your TI-NSpire calculator. These covers are specifically designed to fit the calculator and using a different one may cause compatibility issues or damage to the calculator.

3. How do I know when it is time to replace the battery door / cover on my TI-NSpire calculator?

If your battery door / cover becomes cracked, damaged, or does not fit securely on your calculator, it is time to replace it. Additionally, if you notice any issues with the battery compartment not closing properly or the batteries not staying in place, it may be time for a replacement.

4. Where can I purchase a new battery door / cover for my TI-NSpire calculator?

You can purchase a new battery door / cover for your TI-NSpire calculator from the manufacturer's website or from authorized retailers. It is important to make sure you are purchasing the correct cover for your specific calculator model.

5. How long does the battery door / cover on a TI-NSpire calculator typically last?

The lifespan of a TI-NSpire battery door / cover can vary depending on usage and care. With proper use and handling, it should last for several years. However, if it becomes damaged or worn out, it is important to replace it to ensure the proper functioning of your calculator.