TI-89 Titanium date log GPA and Pass or Fail in jeopardy?

In summary, the TI-89 calculator does not have a feature that records the date and time of data inputted. The conversation revolves around the possibility of using this feature to prove an honest mistake on a test, but it is concluded that there is no way to do so. The advice given is to learn from the mistake and move on.
jacron
Alrighty, I know the TI-89 keeps up with date and time. It seems logical that it would somewhere inside the chips and silicon it makes a log of the date that data was inputted...rightttt. I made an idiot out of myself and didn't double check my scan-tron after an exam, my professor jokingly said that if I could prove I actually made an honest mistake and wasn't just trying to magically fix my grade and avoid the ramifications of not studying. So I'm trying to hold him to it and if this calculator saves that kind of info I can show him that my work was correct during the test, but that I'm just and idiot when it comes to bubbling in a little circle.

Computer science news on Phys.org
jacron said:
Alrighty, I know the TI-89 keeps up with date and time. It seems logical that it would somewhere inside the chips and silicon it makes a log of the date that data was inputted...rightttt. I made an idiot out of myself and didn't double check my scan-tron after an exam, my professor jokingly said that if I could prove I actually made an honest mistake and wasn't just trying to magically fix my grade and avoid the ramifications of not studying. So I'm trying to hold him to it and if this calculator saves that kind of info I can show him that my work was correct during the test, but that I'm just and idiot when it comes to bubbling in a little circle.

Nope, it has no such feature. Next time, be more careful in filling in the bubbles.

sigh, Ha i don't guess u can think of a way i can convince the prof that it does that works too ha

Such are the risks of tests which do not allow for partial credit. If you had a work sheet that you had used for the test you might be able to show him that, but the TI-89 will not save you here.

My advice is to learn from your mistake and move on.

if there's a pattern to your errors (off by one, e.g.) it should be easy to make a case

Related to TI-89 Titanium date log GPA and Pass or Fail in jeopardy?

What is a TI-89 Titanium?

The TI-89 Titanium is a graphing calculator manufactured by Texas Instruments. It is commonly used for advanced mathematics, statistics, and scientific calculations.

How do I access the date log on a TI-89 Titanium?

To access the date log on a TI-89 Titanium, press the "Apps" button, then select "Date & Time" from the menu. From there, you can view and edit the date log.

Can I use the TI-89 Titanium to calculate my GPA?

Yes, the TI-89 Titanium has a built-in function for calculating GPA. You can also input your grades and the corresponding credit hours manually to calculate your GPA.

How can I determine if I passed or failed a class using the TI-89 Titanium?

The TI-89 Titanium does not have a specific function for determining pass or fail. However, you can use the grade thresholds set by your school to determine if your calculated grade is a pass or fail.

Can the TI-89 Titanium be used for playing Jeopardy?

No, the TI-89 Titanium is not designed for playing games like Jeopardy. Its primary function is for mathematical and scientific calculations.