Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Thread on "Religion and God"

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

As many of you know we've been having a nice discussion on theology and religion since yesterday but as one member pointed out this discussion is taking over the site in a way and it could seem to a newcomer that we don't really ever discuss math. I've temporarily deleted the thread until I can figure out a way to not have the updates show in the right-hand column of "New forum posts". Once we can do that I will undelete it and the conversation can continue as long as civility is maintained. This isn't an attempt to censor anyone or take an official stance on the position for MHB, it's just trying to make sure that math comes first and that community discussions come second.

If you have any questions please post them.

Jameson

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Nice , and quick response. It is really fantastic to have deliminators all the time to observe what is happening and take the appropriate action :D..

Amer

Mar 1, 2012
I lost two thanks :(, lol

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

Moriarty

Jan 23, 2013

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The thanks should re-appear when the thread does.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Could the Religion and God thread come back now that the sidebar issue is fixed?

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Could the Religion and God thread come back now that the sidebar issue is fixed?
And the administrator said, let there be light, and the forbidden thread emerged from the void, to be seen once again. (Giggle)

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm fine with that now that the sidebar won't be flooded with religious topics. If we want we can also choose not to display threads from a certain forum, say the Chat Room but I don't think that's necessary right now. I'll make further comments on the sidebar development in the announcement thread I made.

The only reason I can see a thread like this one not working out is if it digresses into an emotional argument and loses any substance or if it somehow is hurting the image of MHB. Hopefully neither will happen but it wouldn't be the first or last time an online discussion on religion horribly failed - let's prove that it doesn't have to end up like that. (Hug)

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Incidentally, the reason I'm asking Jameson to handle all this is that I have recused myself from moderating or administering that thread due to being invested in it myself. I do not wish to appear heavy-handed, nor do I wish my views to be projected onto MHB (which would be inaccurate, to say the least).

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
In the best interest of MHB, the topic has been deleted again, and shall remain deleted for good now.

Thanks to all those who respectfully stated their views and why they came to hold these views. (Handshake)

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
Several times I have pointed that Math and Religion cover independent fields of the human thought... that means that the best way for Math and Religion is to be mutually independent with reciprocal benefit...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$