Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Thread for giving books or materials.

DrWahoo

Nov 7, 2017
I know this site is purely for math help, and as a math professor/coder it is def nice to see a site dedicated to that.

However, in my time teaching, I really hate to see students pay $200 dollars for a book, when someone may just want to give the material away to someone that needs it. I know I have tons of old text books I would enjoy seeing others use. I also have a ton of PDF's, publications, and solution manuals (some with steps) to help students.

Would it be useful to have a channel dedicated to this? I am not sure on the response by members, but I am sure it would prompt more users to register if the material is only available for members. I run a few VB forums (non academic related), but I think it was a good topic to discuss.

Joppy

MHB Math Helper
Mar 17, 2016
I know this site is purely for math help, and as a math professor/coder it is def nice to see a site dedicated to that.

However, in my time teaching, I really hate to see students pay $200 dollars for a book, when someone may just want to give the material away to someone that needs it. I know I have tons of old text books I would enjoy seeing others use. I also have a ton of PDF's, publications, and solution manuals (some with steps) to help students.

Would it be useful to have a channel dedicated to this? I am not sure on the response by members, but I am sure it would prompt more users to register if the material is only available for members. I run a few VB forums (non academic related), but I think it was a good topic to discuss.
Would be great. But are all these books/pdfs ones that you have purchased? It won't work otherwise.

DrWahoo

Nov 7, 2017
Would be great. But are all these books/pdfs ones that you have purchased? It won't work otherwise.

Yes or written or were handed down from another teacher.