Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

This website is flying!

MacLaddy

Jan 29, 2012
Well, as much as I could make it. 4 locations so far.

I appreciate everything you all do. Keep it up.

Mac

flyer2.jpg
flyer1.jpg

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This is so awesome! Thank you for doing this! I need to get off my butt now and do the same :)

MacLaddy

Jan 29, 2012
You're welcome. Hopefully someday I can help by contributing on the boards, but until then I'll try to help where I can.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
We're flying again! I hung up around 13 of these yesterday. Who else can hang a few?

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
It's fantastic that you're trying to promote the site. I have a couple of comments though:

- The flyer looks bland and boring. Could some pictures and colour be added to make it more eye catching? Coloured paper helps too (nice job Jameson!) Remember that the eyes need stimulation :)

- I think it's important to summarise some of the most important rules, such as "Stuck on a particular maths problem? We can help guide you through it. But this is not a tutoring service or a homework service, it's a help service." Looking at the flyer as is, I would think that students would be posting their problems expecting us to do the work for them...

Having said that, hopefully this will increase the number of users of the site :)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Good ideas Prove It. :)

I think it all depends on where you hang the flyers. I purposefully hung those around a freshman and sophomore area of campus, next to large lecture halls. 18-20 year-olds will definitely find "Free ______" anything appealing. However for a different crowd or just to change things up a bit I agree that we could make another flyer including Prove It's suggestions.

I will get on that this weekend.

MacLaddy

Jan 29, 2012
They moved my class out in the boonies, so I am not really anywhere near a math class- but I'll try to get some more of these up in the main area within a week or two.

I like how you used the color paper, I think that works better. I'll try to do the same.

Also, the tabs sure disappear fast. I might try and turn the flyer on it's side so there can be more of the tear-off tabs. If I get one that looks good I'll post it up here.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I like the idea of having a picture on it, but think this one might be too black to be seen from far away. It could be hard to see that the white bits are math equations from far away. So I'd suggest another picture even though this one looks cool close up. Also, I wouldn't remove the lines about chemistry and biology help. I wish that we could help with these topics but I'm not sure we really have members who want to help in this area or can.

Thanks for doing this! I'll print some of these out and hang them with the other flyers next time I go by the university in my city. :)

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
I altered it, I think that it is a little bit better now, but tell me what you think.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
I hung a couple up, I took a picture but the file size was too massive... almost a MB...

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
Good on ya sir! Worked like a charm!

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Awesome! Thanks for helping out :)

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
I will be sure to tell you if I notice any takers!

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
We have a taker! :p