(this is not homework) Eletronics and circuitry for dummies.

In summary: IIn summary, this person wants to learn basic electronics and is looking for resources. Some good websites and YouTube lectures were mentioned.
SrEstroncio
Hello everyone, this isn't homework so I figured I'd post it here.

I want to learn basic electronics, I mean, being able to move cables and diodes around is not only interesting but useful, I've seen a few diagrams on how to build certain types of guitar/bass pedals and/or amps and such and I'd like to get a hang on it, so, I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions on the best course of action to achieve that goal, and if possible, online resources on the subject.

Thank you everyone for your attention and help.
(sorry if this felt kind of unnatural, English is not my mother tongue)

Engineering news on Phys.org
SrEstroncio said:
Hello everyone, this isn't homework so I figured I'd post it here.

I want to learn basic electronics, I mean, being able to move cables and diodes around is not only interesting but useful, I've seen a few diagrams on how to build certain types of guitar/bass pedals and/or amps and such and I'd like to get a hang on it, so, I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions on the best course of action to achieve that goal, and if possible, online resources on the subject.

Thank you everyone for your attention and help.
(sorry if this felt kind of unnatural, English is not my mother tongue)

I googled simple audio electronics projects, and got some good hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?source...S315US316&q=simple+audio+electronics+projects

Look it over and see if you see some good reading and some potential first projects to try out.

Related to (this is not homework) Eletronics and circuitry for dummies.

1. What is the difference between analog and digital circuits?

Analog circuits use continuous signals while digital circuits use discrete signals. Analog circuits are better for processing audio and video signals, while digital circuits are better for processing computer data.

2. What is a resistor and how does it work?

A resistor is an electronic component that limits the flow of electric current in a circuit. It works by converting electrical energy into heat energy, which is dissipated into the surrounding environment.

3. How do I calculate the voltage, current, and resistance in a circuit?

The voltage in a circuit can be calculated using Ohm's Law: V = I x R, where V is voltage, I is current, and R is resistance. Current can be calculated by dividing the voltage by the resistance, and resistance can be calculated by dividing the voltage by the current.

4. What is a transistor and how is it used in circuits?

A transistor is a semiconductor device that is used to amplify or switch electronic signals. It can be used to control the flow of current in a circuit and is an essential component in many electronic devices such as computers, televisions, and smartphones.

5. How do I troubleshoot and fix common circuit problems?

The first step in troubleshooting a circuit is to check all the connections and make sure they are secure. If the connections are fine, you can use a multimeter to check for continuity and measure voltage and resistance. If you find a faulty component, you can replace it to fix the circuit.