Thinking algorithms and how to amplify analytical methods in daily life

In summary, the individual is an average engineering student who believes their methods of analysis and thinking are not proper. They have tried to improve their cognitive skills by becoming left-handed and solving puzzles, but have failed when attempting to think like a scientist. They are seeking advice on how to improve their cognitive skills and problem-solving abilities in order to be successful as an engineer or scientist.
issac newton
I am an engineering student. I am an average student. I don't think my methods of analysis and thinking are proper. I did take steps to improve my thinking abilities by becoming a left-handed person, solving sudoku and lateral thinking puzzles.

I want to be a scientist in my life. But i heard that scientists solve problems on mind and write equations in thin air. i tried them and failed absolutely.

can we solve problems (like integral calculus,differential equations,etc) with little practice , like scientists do?

kindly suggest me some links or methods through which i can improve my cognitive skills to face non-linear and tough problems like engineers( and scientists) do.

Physics news on Phys.org
Issac Newton said:
I am an engineering student. I am an average student. I don't think my methods of analysis and thinking are proper. I did take steps to improve my thinking abilities by becoming a left-handed person, solving sudoku and lateral thinking puzzles.

I want to be a scientist in my life. But i heard that scientists solve problems on mind and write equations in thin air. i tried them and failed absolutely.

can we solve problems (like integral calculus,differential equations,etc) with little practice , like scientists do?

kindly suggest me some links or methods through which i can improve my cognitive skills to face non-linear and tough problems like engineers( and scientists) do.

Solving random logic puzzles isn't really that useful. It's just a waste of time and for the most part useless unless you intend to kill time. The only point I see of solving logic puzzles is if you can win prizes with them, are trying to prove a mathematical theorem with them, or are trying to show off to a friend, and all of these instances are quite rare, so don't bother really.

Instead, try to think about everyday events in a scientific manner. Such as asking question... why did this happen? why did I do this? how does this work? what can I do to fix this?

Basically, questions beginning with a "why" or "how".

Regarding mathematics,
Also, try to process equations in your head when you are in the bathroom, sleeping, or when you are alone walking in the street. In those moments your mind is usually very calm and that is when it can produce the most. Not when it is super stressed out at the desk.

And to improve engineering, try to build stuff.

BiP

Related to Thinking algorithms and how to amplify analytical methods in daily life

1. What are thinking algorithms?

Thinking algorithms refer to a step-by-step process or set of rules that are used to solve a problem or make a decision. These algorithms can be applied to various areas, including daily life, to help individuals think more critically and efficiently.

2. How can thinking algorithms be applied in daily life?

Thinking algorithms can be applied in daily life by breaking down complex problems or decisions into smaller, more manageable steps. This can help individuals approach tasks more systematically and make more informed decisions.

3. What are some examples of thinking algorithms in daily life?

Examples of thinking algorithms in daily life include the scientific method, decision-making frameworks, and problem-solving strategies such as divide and conquer, trial and error, and heuristic methods.

4. How can analytical methods be amplified in daily life?

Analytical methods can be amplified in daily life by actively seeking out new information and perspectives, practicing critical thinking skills, and continuously evaluating and adjusting one's thought processes. Utilizing technology and tools, such as data analysis software, can also help amplify analytical methods.

5. What are the benefits of applying thinking algorithms and amplifying analytical methods in daily life?

Applying thinking algorithms and amplifying analytical methods in daily life can lead to improved problem-solving skills, increased efficiency, and better decision-making. It can also help individuals become more adaptable and open-minded, as well as improve their overall cognitive abilities.