Thermodynamics help in finding Temp, Volume and Pressure

In summary, the conversation is about solving a question for an upcoming exam. The question involves a graph and the person has already identified some patterns and known values from the graph. They are seeking help with figuring out the next steps to solve the question.
Jeremy Stone
Hey Guys!

I need some help for solving question 2 of this example as my HSC exam is in 5 days and I want to be able to solve this question if I receive it on the paper.

Question:
9k43a0.png

Graph:
j97nuh.png

Answer for Q1 (Just the formula) :
np0y2f.png

Work I have done towards this question:

I have realized that from 1-2, there is an increase in pressure, decrease in volume and increase in temperature I have realized that from 4-1, there is an decrease in pressure, constant volume and decrease in temperature I have realized that from 3-4, there is an decrease in pressure, increase in volume and decrease in temperature I am not sure where to go from here and what values to substitue in

Attachments

• 9k43a0.png
    9k43a0.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • j97nuh.png
    j97nuh.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 927
  • np0y2f.png
    np0y2f.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 322
Physics news on Phys.org
Step 1: Label on the diagram all the temperatures, pressures, and volumes that you know.

Step 2: Is there any point on the diagram that you know all three? If so, you can calculate the number of moles of working fluid.

Related to Thermodynamics help in finding Temp, Volume and Pressure

1. What is thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics is the branch of science that deals with the relationship between heat, temperature, energy, and work. It helps us understand how these factors affect the physical properties of matter.

2. How does thermodynamics help in finding temperature?

Thermodynamics involves the study of heat transfer, which allows us to measure the temperature of a system. By analyzing the amount of heat that is transferred, we can determine the temperature of a substance.

3. Can thermodynamics be used to find volume?

Yes, thermodynamics can be used to calculate the volume of a substance. The ideal gas law, which is a fundamental principle of thermodynamics, relates the volume of a gas to its temperature and pressure.

4. How does pressure relate to thermodynamics?

Pressure is a key concept in thermodynamics. Changes in pressure can affect the temperature, volume, and energy of a system. By studying the relationship between pressure and other variables, we can better understand the behavior of matter.

5. What are some practical applications of thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics has numerous applications in everyday life. For example, it is used in designing engines and refrigeration systems, as well as in determining the efficiency of energy conversion processes. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as chemistry, biology, and environmental science.