Thermistor + Simulink: Temperature Control in xPC Target Toolbox

In summary, the speaker is working on a project for their studies and needs to do temperature control using a thermistor as a sensor. They are unsure if there is a library available in Simulink or if they need to create a personalized block with the transfer function of the thermistor. They are seeking help and suggestions on how to connect the thermistor to Simulink and if a microcontroller can be used.
poster
Hi Everybody, I'm doing a small project for my studies, I'm developing the xPC Target toolbox of Matlab.

well the point is that i need to do a temperature control, I'm using a thermistor as temperature sensor and i need to insert a block into simulink of the thermistor to start to make the whole simulation, and i don't know if there is a library for simulink for example or if i need to do a personalized block with the transfer function of the thermistor
if anybody can help i will appreciate it

Thanks

poster

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you used model of thermistor by look the resistance, etc to find transfer function?
If you find transfer function of thermistor it's can apply in Simulink.

How do you connect your thermistor to Simulink?
Can you using microcontroller??

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your project with us. It sounds like you are working on an interesting project using the xPC Target toolbox and a thermistor as a temperature sensor.

To start, I would recommend checking if there is a library for simulink that includes a block for a thermistor. You can do this by searching for "thermistor library for simulink" or something similar in your preferred search engine. If you are unable to find a library, you may need to create a personalized block using the transfer function of the thermistor.

If you are unsure how to create a personalized block, I would suggest reaching out to the support team for the xPC Target toolbox or consulting the user manual for more guidance. Additionally, there are many online resources and forums where you can ask for help from other users who may have experience with creating personalized blocks in simulink.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck with your project!

Related to Thermistor + Simulink: Temperature Control in xPC Target Toolbox

1. What is a thermistor?

A thermistor is a type of temperature sensor that is made from a semiconductor material. It changes its resistance based on the temperature of its surroundings. This change in resistance is then used to measure the temperature.

2. How does a thermistor work in a temperature control system?

In a temperature control system, a thermistor is used to measure the temperature of the environment. It is connected to a circuit that converts the change in resistance into a voltage signal. This signal is then used by the controller to adjust the temperature to the desired setpoint.

3. What is Simulink?

Simulink is a graphical programming environment used for modeling, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific fields to design and control complex systems.

4. How does Simulink integrate with a thermistor for temperature control?

Simulink integrates with a thermistor through the xPC Target Toolbox. This toolbox allows for real-time control and data acquisition from external hardware, such as a thermistor. The thermistor's voltage signal is fed into a Simulink model, which can then be used to control the temperature in a feedback loop.

5. What are the advantages of using a thermistor and Simulink for temperature control?

One advantage is the real-time control and data acquisition capabilities of the xPC Target Toolbox. This allows for more precise and accurate temperature control. Additionally, Simulink offers a user-friendly and visual approach to designing and controlling complex systems, making it easier to implement and troubleshoot temperature control algorithms.