Thermal Conductivity Units Conversion - Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about needing help with converting thermal conductivity units for a presentation. The person asks for assistance and mentions using a Natural log(temperature change) Vs. Time graph. Another person suggests a website for thermal conversions.
Stomacho
Please Help! Thermal Conductivity

:eek: Hi. I need help with the thermal conductivity units. I took the slope of a Natural log(temperature change) Vs. Time graph ( degrees Celsius/unit time) and I need a conversion to Watts per Meter Celsius. If anyone could help that would be great since I have a big presentation this wednesday October 13th and my teacher is plans on using this in a College recommendation!

Science news on Phys.org
Please! I need help badly,thermal conductivity Newton Cooling.
:eek:

Hi, i don't know if this helps, but there is a great website for thermal conversions. It is www.tak2000.com/thermalconv.htm or you could try calculator.org. I know that they definitely convert to W/m.C, but I'm not sure what your first units are.

Related to Thermal Conductivity Units Conversion - Help Needed!

What is thermal conductivity?

Thermal conductivity is the property of a material that determines how well it can conduct heat. It is measured in units of watts per meter kelvin (W/mK).

What is the SI unit of thermal conductivity?

The SI unit of thermal conductivity is watts per meter kelvin (W/mK).

What is the conversion factor for thermal conductivity units?

The conversion factor for thermal conductivity units is 1 W/mK = 0.85984 BTU/(hr*ft*°F).

How do I convert from BTU/(hr*ft*°F) to W/mK?

To convert from BTU/(hr*ft*°F) to W/mK, multiply the value in BTU/(hr*ft*°F) by 0.85984.

Why is it important to convert thermal conductivity units?

Converting thermal conductivity units is important because it allows for easier comparison between different materials and their ability to conduct heat. It also ensures consistency and accuracy in scientific calculations and measurements.