There's more to DNA than we know

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dna
In summary, according to a New York Times article, there is promising research being done on a particular topic. However, it is suggested to wait for further coverage from a more reputable magazine such as NewScientist. The research, as seen in an excerpt from a few months ago, appears to be well-conceived with potential for significance. More information can be found in a related article published in Nature.
neutrino
...so says an NYT article. You can find the link here.

Moderator edit: substituted a direct link to the NY Times article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Ooooo, good news, thanks mate. =D
Gotta wait for a better magazine (i.e. NewScientist) to cover though. I get both and Times has been getting worse. =/

Simply amazing!

But what does it mean?

I read excerpt along this line a few months ago.
This looks like it might be additional work on the topic.

From what I saw I would say it's well thought out and has some potential for being meaningful.
Interesting.

Related to There's more to DNA than we know

What is DNA?

DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is a molecule that contains the genetic instructions for the development and function of all living organisms. It is made up of nucleotides and carries the genetic information that determines an organism's traits.

How does DNA work?

DNA works by encoding the instructions for building and maintaining an organism. These instructions are in the form of genes, which are segments of DNA that code for specific traits. DNA is able to replicate itself, allowing for the transmission of genetic information from parent to offspring.

What do we currently know about DNA?

We currently know a lot about DNA, including its structure, function, and role in inheritance. We also know that DNA is responsible for the diversity of life on Earth and is the basis for evolution. Additionally, we have discovered many genetic disorders and diseases that are caused by mutations in DNA.

What is still unknown about DNA?

Despite our vast knowledge about DNA, there is still much that we do not know. For example, we are still trying to understand how certain genes are regulated and how they interact with each other. We also have more to learn about the role of non-coding DNA and the mechanisms behind genetic mutations.

Why is it important to continue studying DNA?

Studying DNA is crucial for many reasons. It allows us to understand the basic building blocks of life and how they work together. It also helps us to develop treatments and cures for genetic diseases and disorders. Additionally, studying DNA can give us insights into our evolutionary history and the potential for genetic engineering and biotechnology.