The World's First Time Machine: A Documentary and a Mystery

In summary, there was a documentary called The World's First Time Machine on YouTube about a man attempting to use lasers to send particles back in time. Despite the hype in the documentary, there has been no further progress or information on the topic. Some people have mentioned a similar concept in a book called Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku, but it is believed to be impossible. Ron Mallett's attempt at creating a time portal was also featured on a TV show and has since failed. There have been discussions and threads about this topic.
leroyjenkens
I just finished watching a documentary called The World's First Time Machine on youtube about a dude trying to use lasers to send particles back in time. It's kinda old but I'm sure a lot of you have already seen it. I can link it if you want.
But they were acting like the dude was on the brink of making this thing work, yet I haven't heard anything further on it.
Anyone know anything about it or if what he was trying to do is even possible?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I remember reading something like this, about particles and time travel, in Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku. I think he said they hadn't been able to do it (send them back in time anyway), and as far as I know it's impossible. I'm not sure if it was the same thing, or even if I remember correctly. Either way it was a great book.

Just how would you even know if such a thing was a success? You would have to be expecting and looking for the result prior to doing the experiment. And, what would happen if you got a positive result, and then decided not to do the experiment?

It was a show on tv from several years ago hyping Ron Mallett's now failed attempt at opening a portal to the future. You can google on him if you want more information. There have also been a number of threads discussing this already.

Related to The World's First Time Machine: A Documentary and a Mystery

What is "The World's First Time Machine: A Documentary and a Mystery"?

"The World's First Time Machine: A Documentary and a Mystery" is a documentary film that explores the idea of time travel and the possibility of creating a time machine. It delves into the history of time travel theories and the current scientific research on the subject.

Is time travel possible?

The answer to this question is still unknown. While some scientists believe that time travel may be possible in theory, there is currently no proven way to achieve it. More research and experimentation is needed to determine the feasibility of time travel.

What is the history of time travel theories?

Time travel has been a popular concept for centuries, with early examples found in ancient mythology and literature. In the 19th and 20th century, scientists and philosophers began to explore the possibility of time travel through theories such as special relativity and the concept of wormholes.

What scientific research has been done on time travel?

Scientists have conducted various experiments and studies to explore the possibility of time travel. Some of these include testing the effects of high-speed travel on time dilation and studying the behavior of particles in relation to time. However, there is still much to be learned and discovered in this field.

What does "The World's First Time Machine" documentary reveal about time travel?

The documentary features interviews with scientists, researchers, and experts in the field of time travel. It also showcases various experiments and theories that have been explored, shedding light on the current state of research and the potential implications of time travel on our understanding of the universe.