The universe, are we on the right track?

In summary, the young man is unsatisfied with the complexity of the universe and believes that simpler is better.
Leonardo Sidis
I know that as inexperienced as I am with this subject as well as higher math, I shouldn't be challenging those that are more experienced than me. However, just going by instinct, doesn't anyone else feel like I do that all of this multi-dimensional stuff, strings, p-branes, supersymmetry, fractional spin, et cetera, are missing the big picture or possibly even the gallery, and are products of us making things more complicated than they really are? I mean "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication," (-Leonardo da Vinci) and all this stuff seems just so sci-fi that it's hard for me to believe that this is the way it really is. I'm not trying to insult the whole forum or the entire physics community or anything, because I admire and share the same interest in answering the same questions, but I can't imagine that the universe is this unexpectedly complex. I would expect the secrets of the universe that we are trying to uncover would be more simple, brilliant, kind of like Dan Brown-ian if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, I have no ToE to propose, I'm just a 15 year old looking at the field and the subject from a more philosophical view tonight.

Space news on Phys.org
Why can't the universe just be plain ugly? What philosophical objection is there to that?

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible."

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein

Personally, I'm still betting that a simple elegance will emerge.

I have worked on this problem for many years and now i can publish my toe
theory,( every thing in the universe is stuff).

Related to The universe, are we on the right track?

1. What is the current understanding of the universe?

The current understanding of the universe is based on the Big Bang theory, which states that the universe began as a singularity around 13.8 billion years ago and has been expanding and evolving ever since. This theory is supported by evidence such as the cosmic microwave background radiation and the observed redshift of galaxies.

2. Are we on the right track in our understanding of the universe?

The answer to this question is constantly evolving as new discoveries are made. While our current understanding of the universe is based on the best available evidence and theories, it is always subject to change and improvement as we continue to make advancements in technology and research.

3. Is there life on other planets?

There is currently no definitive answer to this question. While there is no evidence of life on other planets in our solar system, the vastness of the universe suggests that it is highly likely that there is life on other planets. However, the conditions for life to exist may be different from what we know on Earth, so it is difficult to make any conclusive statements at this time.

4. How do black holes fit into our understanding of the universe?

Black holes are still a mystery in many ways, but they play a crucial role in our understanding of the universe. They are thought to be formed from the collapse of massive stars and have such strong gravitational pulls that even light cannot escape from them. They also have a significant impact on the surrounding space and can even influence the evolution of galaxies.

5. How can we continue to advance our understanding of the universe?

Advancements in technology and continued research are key to expanding our understanding of the universe. This includes developing more powerful telescopes, space missions, and collaborations between scientists from different disciplines. It is also important to remain open to new ideas and theories, as our current understanding may be limited by our current knowledge and perspectives.