The Physics Forums Cafe- Talk all ya want

In summary, the conversation started with someone introducing a new thread for general discussion, including topics such as movies, video games, world events, science, and more. The conversation then shifted to a discussion about food and beverages, with different preferences being shared. From there, the conversation moved on to discussing chess, music, and the use of hexadecimal numbers.
arivero, we were actually just talking about a game that was called "Hex".

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd like a little BBQ muscle tissue myself, emmm. Afterwards some casual conversation involving beer and an oceanside setting...

No wonder you "disappeared" fer a while. Went on a honeymoon?

Originally posted by Bubonic Plague
No wonder you "disappeared" fer a while. Went on a honeymoon?
It was more like a divorce, but I enjoyed it nonetheless

hehe Interesting BoulderHead. How you guys doing? Sorry I haven't visited this thread ina while. It has been in the high 60's for over a week where I live and I have been loving it. NOW WE ARE GETTTING SNOW AGAIN. one good thing....

*TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY*
*SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY*

they have to give us something!

None of you know this but I have WAY too much work that I have due tommorrow. One thing being a 7 page report...

Originally posted by Nicool003
hehe Interesting BoulderHead. How you guys doing? Sorry I haven't visited this thread ina while. It has been in the high 60's for over a week where I live and I have been loving it. NOW WE ARE GETTTING SNOW AGAIN. one good thing....

*TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY* *TWO HOUR DELAY*
*SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY**SNOW DAY*

they have to give us something!

None of you know this but I have WAY too much work that I have due tommorrow. One thing being a 7 page report...

Doing good (a little irritated by a certain member, for his/her post on the "Nothing" thread[s)] but...).

I remember when I used to look forward to snow days, and two-hour delays. I can't anymore, because I wake up in the school, and don't have to go anywhere to get my school work done.

because I wake up in the school, and don't have to go anywhere to get my school work done.

What do you mean you can't? And what did you mean you wake up in the school?

I think it is always nice to have a day off gives you more time to do homework and take a break. Remember my old thread in here called "stress in school"? Well man they have been loading it on us!

let me randomly interrupt whate ver was happing because i am too lazy to read all the posts

i wopuld think this thread would get more posts but no, none of you want to contribute your all greedy greed bastas and you will all say your sorry for not supporting the thread and it's creator not i want everyone to say their sorry now..darn it

What do you mean you can't? And what did you mean you wake up in the school?

I think it is always nice to have a day off gives you more time to do homework and take a break. Remember my old thread in here called "stress in school"? Well man they have been loading it on us!

I'm home-schooled. I wake up in the school. I can't escape school work, through use of the excuse that I can't leave the house.

Ohhh that can't be too fun at times can it?

Ohhh that can't be too fun at times can it?

Actually (and, please, no one sound the *nerd alert*), I like school-work most of the time.

I was referring to the fact that you don't really get away from it like on snow days when you can hang out or talk to your friends and just relax or read or go on PF longer than usual... that kinda thing

Has anyone else noticed that laughing reserves itself for when it's not wanted?

MAN! I keep trying to stop laughing in formal gatherings (or during someone's speech), but I can't stop. So I excuse my self, and go into the bathroom to laugh... and it goes away. It is just not funny anymore, once you are "allowed" to laugh.

I know I hate that! But for me it is also if something serious happened or if something serious is going on and I just want to laugh so I just hold it in and it eventually goes away. Also when I take an important test at school, I just want to look around and move my neck and stuff but it is just because you are paranoid that the teacher will think you are cheating so you sit extra still and then you begin to go crazy and just want to move... argh

As far as Cafe's go, I just went to one with my friends. It had really excellent Mochas, but it only served a couple of different kinds of soup .

Hehe. I like the cafe's that they usually have in Barnes and noble. They are nice and serve good food and they have great soups but they only sell a few different kinds a day because they alternate. But we have others by where i live and...wait how did this come up again?

Hehe. I like the cafe's that they usually have in Barnes and noble. They are nice and serve good food and they have great soups but they only sell a few different kinds a day because they alternate. But we have others by where i live and...wait how did this come up again?

What do you mean?

The talk about cafe's hehe I was only kidding
:wink: :smile: That's a lot of smily faces.

Hi Nicool003,
Hope all is well with you this day, and always.
I was wondering whether you might become Nicool004 if PF ever has to move again. Also did you eat any good food over the weekend?
I had some stewed Iguana tail, rice and beans, and... oh, do you know the difference between the two dishes 'rice and beans' and 'beans and rice'?

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Hi Nicool003,
Hope all is well with you this day, and always.
I was wondering whether you might become Nicool004 if PF ever has to move again. Also did you eat any good food over the weekend?
I had some stewed Iguana tail, rice and beans, and... oh, do you know the difference between the two dishes 'rice and beans' and 'beans and rice'?

Actually, as I remember it, Nicool's number is dependent on the year.

Then isn't Nicool rather ambitious with the 2 zeros after his name?
(No offense)

Originally posted by FZ+
Then isn't Nicool rather ambitious with the 2 zeros after his name?
(No offense)

What do you mean?

Despite how I desire otherwise, I doubt how PF will go onto version 100, or the year 2100 with Nicool100, using up the full numerical capabilities offered by 3 digit notation...

Originally posted by FZ+
Despite how I desire otherwise, I doubt how PF will go onto version 100, or the year 2100 with Nicool100, using up the full numerical capabilities offered by 3 digit notation...

Oh, ye of little faith :wink:.

Nicool100

FZ...that most certainly WILL happen

yeah, i haven't slept yet and i need a coffee... who knew we had a cafe? breakfast is being served at the dining commons, i guess i can go eat if i wanted...

ack people wake up and entertain me... augh!

Gale said:
yeah, i haven't slept yet and i need a coffee... who knew we had a cafe? breakfast is being served at the dining commons, i guess i can go eat if i wanted...
This thread was started before I ever joined PF. How paleontological of you, Gale!

hmm, it started before i joined too. lookit that. now we can all take part in history woo. lookit me, I'm in the past!

Gale said:
hmm, it started before i joined too. lookit that. now we can all take part in history woo. lookit me, I'm in the past!
Go stand by the T-rex. I'll take your picture.

but I'm scurrred! look at them teeth! eek! its going to eat me! i'll stand next to this moss instead. mmmm... moss. wow its soft... like nature's little bed. bed... bed... man, why am i awake?

I think I might have been here when this was started.

Wow, how'd you dig this up? This was before my time also.

nope, this was before you too trib. i just wanted a coffee... you know how hard you can work sometimes when you're tired and need a caffine fix!

No I don't think it was before me. I know what my join date says, but that got reset during one of the up grades.

Wow. This is a remarkable act of necromancy. Gale must be practicing so she can build up her army of the walking dead to take over the world.