The theory of evolution is wrong

In summary, my friend does not believe in evolution because he thinks it is a theory and not a fact. He has tried to provide a strong counter argument, but I believe that you could easily show him the evidence for evolution. Thanks for your input!

Flatland said:
All scientific theories are "proven." You obviously have no idea what a scientific theory is.

How about instead of posting next time you read through the numberous posts that came before yours which explain this properly instead of spreading misinformation followed by attacking the questioner.

Biology news on Phys.org
magnusrobot12 said:
amazing that a chemist does not believe in evolution. the simplest example of evolution is viral mutations. i mean, goodness, you cannot get any more simple than that. Look at the influenza season. Also, what about DNA sequence analysis and resulting phylogenic computations?

i agree with the general sentiments on the board, if someone states that they don't believe in evolution, then don't bother trying to convince them because it is clear why they don't believe in evolution (but i am not allowed to say it in fear of being banned). in either case, the chemistry department should fire that person immediately.

my friend actually runs the chemist! so i don't see him being sacked any time soon, i thought about asking him. . . do you also believe that the Earth is flat? but i thought better of it!(i didnt want to lose a friend ).
i don't remember him saying why he didnt believe in it. i think i know what your referring to(being banned).
i don't see my friend too often as i live some distance from him but when i do get the chance i will be better armed to try and change his oppinion, i will ask him why he doesn't believe and post his answer on here.
thanks.

Last edited:
We're not interested in attacking people based on their believes, so you really do not need to post his reply to this forum. The rules are clear: "Discussions that assert the a priori truth or falsity of religious dogmas and belief systems, or value judgments stemming from such religious belief systems, will not be tolerated."