The source of noise in amplifier

In summary, the conversation discusses the source of noise in amplifiers and possible solutions to treat it. The main sources of noise are identified as thermal noise, shot noise, and flicker noise. Suggestions for treating the noise include using liquid nitrogen and seeking help from online forums.
sakkaf_90
hi for every one
I am a new member in tis site.
I hope from u to help my I have a hmoework so I want some help
The question is
What is the source of noise in amplifier & how can treat the noise?
Thank u

Physics news on Phys.org
There could be millions of sources.
Well, maybe not millions ... but you catch my drift.
Most common is thermal noise, aka nyquist noise. The obvious solution would be to dip the amplifier or preamplifier in some liquid nitrogen :D.
There is also shot noise and flicker noise (1/f noise), but those are much less of a problem (not that they're not, but not in high power amps).

Take your pick.

--------
Assaf
http://www.physicallyincorrect.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to PF sakkaf_90. I think you should read https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94388". You might get more responses.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to The source of noise in amplifier

What is the source of noise in amplifiers?

The source of noise in amplifiers can come from various factors such as thermal noise, shot noise, flicker noise, and external electromagnetic interference. These noises can affect the quality of the amplified signal and can be a result of imperfections in the amplifier's components and design.

How does thermal noise affect amplifiers?

Thermal noise, also known as Johnson-Nyquist noise, is caused by the random motion of electrons in a conductor due to its temperature. This noise can affect amplifiers by adding random fluctuations to the amplified signal, reducing its signal-to-noise ratio and overall quality.

What is shot noise in amplifiers?

Shot noise is a type of noise that occurs when there is a flow of current through a conductor. It is caused by the random nature of electron flow and can affect amplifiers by introducing variations in the amplified signal, particularly in low current levels.

What is flicker noise in amplifiers?

Flicker noise, also known as 1/f noise, is a low-frequency noise that is present in all electronic components. It is caused by imperfections in the materials used to make the amplifier and can affect amplifiers by introducing low-frequency variations in the amplified signal, making it difficult to distinguish between signal and noise.

How can external electromagnetic interference affect amplifiers?

External electromagnetic interference, also known as EMI, can come from various sources such as nearby electronic devices, power lines, or radio signals. It can affect amplifiers by introducing unwanted signals that can interfere with the amplified signal, resulting in distortion and reduced signal quality.