The SN74HC14 hex inverter Oscillator

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for creating an adjustable sine wave in electronic circuits. The options mentioned include using linear components, such as the Hartley and Colpitts oscillators, or a signal generator IC. The conversation also mentions learning from project kits and the use of breadboards for circuit experimentation.
KissofCynder
Have any of you seen the Expert village you tube vids? I saw that they only explain how to build a square wave Oscillator. Do any of you know of a simple circuit that will creat an adjustable sign wave?

I have been through many circuits and had success in learning from project kits. I know the beginnings of logic but I am still memorizing stuff. I know how to bread board at least.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Logic gates, being very non-linear, would require a lot of filtering to produce anything close to a sine wave. To make a sine wave it's much easier to use linear components. Look up the Hartley and Colpitts oscillators if you want an adjustable sine wave.

KissofCynder said:
Have any of you seen the Expert village you tube vids? I saw that they only explain how to build a square wave Oscillator. Do any of you know of a simple circuit that will creat an adjustable sign wave?

I have been through many circuits and had success in learning from project kits. I know the beginnings of logic but I am still memorizing stuff. I know how to bread board at least.

Welcome to the PF.

Another option is to use a signal generator IC, or put together a signal generator kit. Here is a Google Images search of signal generator IC:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Related to The SN74HC14 hex inverter Oscillator

1. What is the function of the SN74HC14 hex inverter oscillator?

The SN74HC14 is an integrated circuit (IC) that contains six inverter gates, which are electronic components used to invert the input signal. The oscillator component generates a continuous square wave output, making it useful in a variety of electronic applications.

2. How does the SN74HC14 hex inverter oscillator work?

The SN74HC14 oscillator works by taking an input signal and using the six inverter gates to invert it, resulting in a square wave output. The oscillator component uses feedback from the output to continuously generate the square wave, making it self-sustaining.

3. What are the advantages of using the SN74HC14 hex inverter oscillator?

The SN74HC14 oscillator has several advantages, including its self-sustaining nature, low power consumption, and small size. It also has a wide operating voltage range and can operate at high frequencies, making it versatile for use in various electronic circuits.

4. What are some common applications of the SN74HC14 hex inverter oscillator?

The SN74HC14 oscillator is commonly used in electronic devices such as clocks, timers, and communication systems. It is also used in digital logic circuits, motor control circuits, and power supply circuits.

5. How do I select the appropriate SN74HC14 hex inverter oscillator for my project?

When selecting the SN74HC14 oscillator, consider the required frequency, voltage range, and output load. You should also check the operating temperature range and package type to ensure compatibility with your project. Additionally, check the manufacturer's datasheet for specific details and recommendations.