Personality & Color: My Theory

• Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Colour
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of color preferences and how they may be linked to personality. Participants discuss their favorite colors and the reasons behind them, with some mentioning how certain colors make them feel or the associations they have with different shades. The concept of black being debated as a color is also brought up, with some arguing that it is not a color while others believe it can be created by mixing primary colors. The conversation also touches on the idea of glossy colors and a book that discusses the association between certain colors and sexiness. Overall, everyone has their own unique opinions and preferences when it comes to color.

What is your favourite colour?

• Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

• Yellow

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Green

• Blue

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Purple

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Black (I know it's not really a colour...)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • White (or a bit of everything...)

• Not in visible spectrum

• Total voters
FZ+
Well... this is part of a theory I have linking personality to colour.. sort of.
DON'T post unless you have something special to say - ie. not my favourite colour is x...

Physics news on Phys.org
Black is a colour. Whoever said that only the shades produced by mixing primary colours were colours were wrong.

Black is distinguishable from all of the other colours, wo why is it not.

It is a very silly definition.

Gold

I voted for blue...but since

HEY ?!
What's up with the blues ?!

my personal opinion of why a lot of people like blue is because it is hard to find in the natural world (other then the sky)...

The sky being really hard to find, right? Hmmm...

My favorite color is not on your list. It is a mixture of yellow, white, a touch of red and an even smaller touch of blue. The combination is a pale-off-white-golden-orangy-tan (which I did not expect to find on your list) :smile: .

I find it interesting that you totally blew off the tertiery (brown, tan, gold etc) colors (other than black).

In light, black is not a color, as you said. In paint, black can be mixed by using all of the primary colors (so that each of the colors of light are absorbed).

Last edited:
Hmm... I must say, there is an interesting bias towards the high energy end of the spectrum. I'll compare this against average population data, to formulate an assessment of intelligence based on favourite colour. :smile: (only joking, unless if anyone would like to provide funding...)

I have asked myself this many times. I would choose a certain shade of a certain color, then later on see something different and become enamored with it.

Pink – (had to add this flavor) don’t really like it that much

Red – can be harsh, but some shades are very striking.

Orange – I must be in special mood to like it, with most shades doing little for me.

Yellow – Only if it’s glossy.

Green – Can be as big as a mountain or tall as a tree (Sinatra tune). I like dark greens and light greens more than in-between greens.

Blue – can be very beautiful (so many shades are beautiful too).

Purple – shades of mauve can be ok, but mostly I don’t like this color.

Black – Like yellow I prefer it glossy.

White – I don’t know if I’ve ever actually seen this one. Every time I think I have then later I see another shade which makes the first seem off-white. I favor these shades, however.

Not in visible spectrum – Yes, these are fantastical.

Over all, I like glossiness in my colors (at least when dealing with painted objects).

Blue for me too :smile:

I never wear anything but blue clothes

yellow ...
i like it because its so shiny

i read a book about sexy colors and it says that red makes male sexy and green makes women sexy

My favorite color is purple. I like yellow too, but purple is de bomb!

1. What is the theory of personality and color?

The theory of personality and color suggests that a person's favorite color can reveal aspects of their personality and character traits. Each color is associated with different emotions, behaviors, and characteristics.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support this theory?

While there is no conclusive scientific evidence to support this theory, there have been several studies and surveys conducted that have shown correlations between color preferences and personality traits. However, more research is needed to establish a strong scientific basis for this theory.

3. Can a person's color preferences change over time?

Yes, a person's color preferences can change over time. Factors such as life experiences, cultural influences, and personal growth can all play a role in shaping a person's color preferences. Additionally, as a person's personality evolves, their color preferences may also change.

4. Are there any cultural differences in the interpretation of colors?

Yes, there are cultural differences in the interpretation of colors. Different cultures may have different associations and meanings for certain colors. For example, in Western cultures, the color red is often associated with love and passion, while in some Asian cultures it is associated with luck and prosperity.

5. Can this theory be used to accurately predict a person's personality?

No, this theory should be taken with a grain of salt and should not be used as a means to accurately predict a person's personality. While color preferences may provide some insight into a person's character, there are many other factors that contribute to a person's personality and behavior.