PM Message Tracking: Did Tracking Get Turned Off?

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the tracking option for sent messages and its disappearance for one person. The other person suggests testing it by sending a message and checking immediately afterwards. They also mention a recent change in status as a possible cause for the issue and plan to contact someone for help.
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Did the option to track sent messages (whether they have been read or not) get turned off?

Physics news on Phys.org
Lets test it, I'll send you one now!

Just sent it, and I have you in message tracking, no problemo! (still works!)

That's odd. I don't have the tracking option anymore.

Just checked and it told me you received the message at 09-12-2003 04:34 PM

Are you using the drop down for sent/incoming messages to find the tracking option?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons

Are you using the drop down for sent/incoming messages to find the tracking option?

Trying to, but the option isn't there.

Originally posted by enigma
Trying to, but the option isn't there.
Perhaps, try first, sending me a message, then looking immedaitely to see if it's there, the tracking option, now. (or then)

I have sent messages recently, and the option is not in the pull down menu, Robin.

I think it's related to my new status as mentor, because that's the only change which has happened recently, and it's the only thing different (codewise) between your account and mine. There may be some sort of bug... I've PM'd Greg to see if he has any ideas.

Would have thought you would have but help is help?? well sometimes more so then others soooooooo...

Doesn't your mentors wand work?? (Concentrate)

I prefer to have a blinking message on top to tell us we have PM.

1. What is PM message tracking?

PM message tracking is a feature that allows you to track the delivery status of private messages sent through a messaging system. It typically shows whether a message has been delivered, read, or if there were any issues with delivery.

2. Why would I want to track PM messages?

PM message tracking can be useful for various reasons, such as ensuring that important messages have been received and read by the recipient, monitoring communication between team members, or detecting any technical issues with message delivery.

3. How do I know if PM message tracking has been turned off?

If PM message tracking has been turned off, you will not see any tracking information for your messages. This may also be indicated by a lack of tracking options or settings in the messaging system.

4. Can PM message tracking be turned off without my knowledge?

In most cases, PM message tracking can only be turned off by the user who has access to the settings. However, it is possible for a system administrator or someone with higher privileges to turn off tracking for all users without their knowledge.

5. How can I turn PM message tracking back on?

If PM message tracking has been turned off, you will need to access the settings or options for the messaging system and turn tracking back on. This may require administrator privileges or contacting the system administrator for assistance.