Hey, any of you guys know about remote viewing?

• Thread starter KillaMarcilla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hey
In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of remote viewing and psychic abilities. The speaker's mother mentioned that when the speaker was younger, they had the ability to know where their relatives were and what they were doing even when they were far away. The speaker tried to find information on this ability, but their search was unsuccessful and they came across websites and forums where people claimed to be able to do remote viewing for a price. The speaker, a junior in college pursuing an engineering degree, is curious about the reality of remote viewing and has attempted it themselves with no success. They also question if their mother's instances of knowing things about relatives could be explained by natural human abilities such as memory and reasoning. The conversation also touches on the theory
KillaMarcilla
My mom told me before that apparently when I was like 5 years old I had some sort of ability to tell where my relatives were and what they were doing even though they were dozens or hundreds of miles away, so a few months ago I tried to find out if there was any reasonable information on it, but my search was fruitless

Well, maybe "fruitless" is inappropriate.. it turned up plenty of fruits, but no hard evidence or even reasonable conjecture

I came across this website/forum where a bunch of morons and charlatans talk about how they can view any place or time, and are willing to sell you $400 worth of tapes, but never accept any $10,000+ rewards to do it since "it takes a whole hour and we probably wouldn't get the money anyway"

Yeah right. There is no damn way that some hippy's time isn't worth $500 an hour. Absolutely no way, period.

So anyway, I was thinking that there might be something to that remote viewing junk if:
- It's tricky to do
and
- It's only possible for a tiny percentage of the population to do it

If only one in a billion, or even a million people could do remote viewing, what are the chances that even if one of them figured out how, it'd be well-documented and find its way to someone else who had the raw ability? It's only been a few years since we've had this excellent global communications network, so maybe there's some small site out there where someone thinks he might have some talent, and carefully documented everything he knows

I'm a Junior in college pursuing an engineering degree, so I figure that if there's only a few thousand people who might be able to do some sort of psychic stuff, it'd be a boon that I'd be one of them, since I have a pretty good concept of the scientific method

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of times where I have to wait fifteen minutes or more for some reason or another, and I've tried to do some sort of remote viewing, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't have much in the way of meditation skillz, though, and it's entirely possible that if remote viewing is a reality, I just haven't stumbled across the trick yet

It's also all-too possible that all the instances my mother mentioned can be explained by the even more impressive mental power innate to all humans: the ability to remember and reason things out

I might have heard this or that about relatives doing things, and any time my mom inquired as to the location of my dad when he was working late in bad weather, I'd just say he was fine to reassure her

I can't remember anything crystal-clearly from before I was like 10 years old, but as I vaguely recall, I had some thinking capacity even when I was moving from bottles to cups for drinking, so if no information on this psychic stuff ever turns up, it's possible that there're no real loose ends

Physics news on Phys.org
Well there is a theory that our brains evolved in such a way as to simulate the world around us and this is what we experience as consciousness. If this is true who knows how good our brains are at simulating the real world.

Hey, any of you guys know about remote viewing?
Yes, we are watching you right now!

Repeatedly, I have seen years go by, then comes a call from a loved one who 'felt' that something bad had happened to me. Most curiously, they were always correct.

Go figure

I had a strange experience in my teens where I saw a coin in the gutter in the next street and low and behold it was really there a whole pound :)

As far as I can tell this was real but I was on my own at the time :/

I forget the number, but I think that more than half of all people believe they have experienced some sort of phenomenon like the one your mother describes. I also know mothers that claim many things about their children. I was shocked when my always skeptical sister started paying a psychic when told that her daughter is a star-child. WHAT…cough and gasp… SAY WHAT? Beware the tales of mothers.

That aside, I have seen demonstrations of remote viewing that are either real or faked; but nothing in between. I have seen one demonstration that appeared to be well controlled, but considering that it was on TV, one can hardly assign much confidence. Many of the people involved in “teaching” this “skill” claim to be ex-CIA. I have never bothered to check on these guys yet.

If you want some useful information about his sort of stuff, check on the history of psychics working with police departments. Public records show that psychics have solved crimes, found missing victims, and have provided information that enabled an arrest. The law enforcement people involved in these cases will often swear to the reality of this phenomenon. I am aware of cases in which it seems that either the “psychic” was psychic, or the police are lying and the records were falsified. You choose.

In one murder case the psychic was arrested and charged with the crime. She had "seen" the location of and had taken the police to the victims body. It was only after the police had ruled out any possible connection that she was freed. The muderer was convicted and the case closed.

Originally posted by username
I had a strange experience in my teens where I saw a coin in the gutter in the next street and low and behold it was really there a whole pound :)

As far as I can tell this was real but I was on my own at the time :/

Watch our for unconscious memories in these kinds of events. Could you have seen the coin before but not really noticed?

I saw a special on the History Channel documenting the U.S. government's program to use remote viewing for military intelligence. I also found this link . Apparently, the government found the idea plausible enough to spend millions of dollars on it. Of course, since they were my dollars, that probably isn't saying much!

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Watch our for unconscious memories in these kinds of events. Could you have seen the coin before but not really noticed?
Yes this is possible.

ha ha ha, yeah, I remember hearing about that government program

blech

Either it didn't work, or it did and the US can spy on people with it..

So you guys don't have any other helpful info, eh?

Ah, well.. I was hoping I'd come across some nut who claims to be able to see distant things under some circumstances, and would shower me with how he or she does it

Well, some day I'll be able to just go "Hey, Google2, what do you know about the psychic phenomenon known as Remote Viewing?" and maybe something will turn up then

Or, maybe remote viewing is just a load of nonsense that's well-known because people want to believe in it..

I know I wouldn't bother if it were something lame, like a suspected psychic power to provoke flatulence

.. Well, actually, that'd be pretty cool..

The US program was an imitation of the Soviet program. Now I don't believe the Soviet program could have worked, or why with that magical aid would the USSR have collapsed the way it did?

On the other hand the US program could still be going on -- top secret of course -- and have you noticed we've won our last three wars each one easier than the last one? They say it's because our generals are so smart. But that's crazy! Must be remote viewing.

Originally posted by KillaMarcilla

Ah, well.. I was hoping I'd come across some nut who claims to be able to see distant things under some circumstances, and would shower me with how he or she does it

Well, this is youpr lucky day! I am that very same individual you seek. I can, under certain conditions, see things occurring at distant parts of the world...

Oh wait, you probably didn't want to include TV in this, did you?

Tell me more about this "TV"

Is it some sort of device that helps you clear out your mind and achieve a state of meditation?

KillaMariclls I will say KillaMaricll that Remoteviewing is possable. Been there done that plenty of times. As for proof, no that I don't have. For those that don't think it's possable. Consider that we as humans are just beginning to understand the mind and how powerful it actually is. We have very little knowledge of the unconsicious mind and how it works yet some people think that we know it all. Don't dircard something you have never tried or are unwilling to try. Are there a lot of hoaxes out there,yes. The goverments around the world wouldn't put so much money into a progam that didn't produce results.

The goverments around the world wouldn't put so much money into a progam that didn't produce results.
Lol. Don't be so sure... I can see a lot of examples...

Originally posted by FZ+
Lol. Don't be so sure... I can see a lot of examples...

Ya! I make a good living this way. :wink:

I forget the number, but I think that more than half of all people believe they have experienced some sort of phenomenon like the one your mother describes. I also know mothers that claim many things about their children. I was shocked when my always skeptical sister started paying a psychic when told that her daughter is a star-child. WHAT…cough and gasp… SAY WHAT? Beware the tales of mothers.

That aside, I have seen demonstrations of remote viewing that are either real or faked; but nothing in between. I have seen one demonstration that appeared to be well controlled, but considering that it was on TV, one can hardly assign much confidence. Many of the people involved in “teaching” this “skill” claim to be ex-CIA. I have never bothered to check on these guys yet.

If you want some useful information about his sort of stuff, check on the history of psychics working with police departments. Public records show that psychics have solved crimes, found missing victims, and have provided information that enabled an arrest. The law enforcement people involved in these cases will often swear to the reality of this phenomenon. I am aware of cases in which it seems that either the “psychic” was psychic, or the police are lying and the records were falsified. You choose.

In one murder case the psychic was arrested and charged with the crime. She had "seen" the location of and had taken the police to the victims body. It was only after the police had ruled out any possible connection that she was freed. The muderer was convicted and the case closed.

Your unconscious mind might have noticed someone talking about it, and played this back to your conscious mind via a vision.

Was the vision very accurate?

Originally posted by plus
Your unconscious mind might have noticed someone talking about it, and played this back to your conscious mind via a vision.

Was the vision very accurate?

Huh? Sorry plus I lost you. Do you mean that the "psychic" involved in the murder investigation?

Huh? Sorry plus I lost you. Do you mean that the "psychic" involved in the murder investigation?

Yes, or any other similar situation.

It could have been possible that the brain knew something was true, but hadn't consciously noticed it.

e.g. I never usually think that I have legs, but they are there, and if I make the effort to think about it, I notice that I did actually realize that they were there.

Originally posted by plus
Yes, or any other similar situation.

It could have been possible that the brain knew something was true, but hadn't consciously noticed it.

e.g. I never usually think that I have legs, but they are there, and if I make the effort to think about it, I notice that I did actually realize that they were there.

Ah. First I would say yes, this is always possible. In the case of the murder investigation, according to the police records, the woman [an upper middle class housewife] first went to the police claiming to have recurring visions of a murder victim, and that she had specific information about the surroundings at the scene. After a bit of discussion she was politely sent away. The woman claimed that the visions persisted, so one day she drove around, following her insticts, and looking for things familiar from the visions. With her three kids in the car, she ended up driving along a remote canyon road in the hills north of Los Angeles.

At one point things looked very familiar and she stopped the car. A body was indeed behind some boulders along the roadside. She went immediately to the police station and led the cops to the body. She was then arrested. According to the police, extensive investigation eventually solved the case. It was shown that the woman could not have had prior knowledge of the murder and she was completely cleared. If she had found the body previously, why would she lie and then go directly to the police? So I can imagine no reason why she would be innocent and still lie. Next, considering the remote location of the body, she could not have happened onto the body previously and not realized it. Since the location was remote and without uniquely identifying characteristics, it seems impossible that she could have overheard something. Since the murder was committed by someone with whom she had no connection, the woman wouldn't seem to be protecting anyone. So, according to the records normal explanations are lacking. This at least appears to be the truth of the matter. :smile:

Last edited:
Hey Ivan I've heard of that case a long time ago. There is a few differences though. This women had repeated dreams of the victim. I had only one, but one was enough. When those dreams happen they stand out like a sore thumb, you remember everthing. One thing I have noticed is that it's usally happens within a 48hr period, the dream then the event. Why I have no idea. It may because of so many things happen in a 48 hr time frame. After 48hrs mind might get bored with it and place it as a second thought. And you will forget it, till it happens. Within the 48hrs it's still fresh in your mind and forfront. As for guess on some of these events. So maybe not all to many details. The one I mentioned, I saw the same clothes, same jewerly, same hair cut. Even where she was stabbed, Too many details to even try guessing. This was just one event, I've seen hundreds all differents things. Well gentalmen have a good night.

Originally posted by tomahawk
Hey Ivan I've heard of that case a long time ago. There is a few differences though. This women had repeated dreams of the victim. I had only one, but one was enough. When those dreams happen they stand out like a sore thumb, you remember everthing. One thing I have noticed is that it's usally happens within a 48hr period, the dream then the event. Why I have no idea. It may because of so many things happen in a 48 hr time frame. After 48hrs mind might get bored with it and place it as a second thought. And you will forget it, till it happens. Within the 48hrs it's still fresh in your mind and forfront. As for guess on some of these events. So maybe not all to many details. The one I mentioned, I saw the same clothes, same jewerly, same hair cut. Even where she was stabbed, Too many details to even try guessing. This was just one event, I've seen hundreds all differents things. Well gentalmen have a good night.

Interesting! And yes, although I do my best to recall these stories accurately, especially the key points that make my point, I can easily get minor details confused. This could have been the case - very disturbing dreams. It has been a long time since I reviewed the story. :smile:

One thing I have noticed is that it's usally happens within a 48hr period, the dream then the event. Why I have no idea.

Hey hey! You have happened on to Ivan's 5th wildass hypothesis:

At any moment, the chance of precognition for any event is inversely proportional [to some order of magnitude] to the magnitude of the time vector to the event.

Ivan's wildass corrolary to his 5th wildass hypothesis:
A negative probability for precognition is called memory.

:wink: ...[?]

Last edited:
Decades ago the CIA had a project called MK-Ultra. This was investigating mind-control, turning people into puppet assassins and such, and eventually research into possible psychic stuff. MK-Ultra was shut down when word got out that they were doing things like doping university water supplies with LSD. I think that was 1973, not sure.

Rather than really shutting down, the project moved about under different agencies and all, using different names, such as Grill Flame, Gondola Wish, Sunstreak, Project Scanate, and others. I think they used "Stargate" at one point too.

A few years ago one David Moorehouse went public, claiming to be one of the "psychics" used in these projects. He claimed they were trying to get him to assassinate people with his psychic powers, but he refused, and his association with the project ended. Almost before he could speak to anyone, the US military began a smear campaign, painting him as a truly crappy soldier who always had problems and was basically full of crap. Whether he is or isn't full of crap is unknown to me.

Ingo Swann is one of the people involved in the USA's projects: http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/2.html [Broken]

A couple of people involved were General Stubblebine, who had the nickname "Spoonbender" for his pursuit of this stuff for many years, and Hal Puthoff, whoc many people may know for his theories on Zero Point Energy. Another guy involved in all this is Lyn Buchannan, who now runs a company called P.S.I. (Problems, Solutions, Innovations) out of Palo Alto.

Ah, here we are: http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/stargate.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by KillaMarcilla
ha ha ha, yeah, I remember hearing about that government program

blech

Either it didn't work, or it did and the US can spy on people with it..

So you guys don't have any other helpful info, eh?

Well, some day I'll be able to just go "Hey, Google2, what do you know about the psychic phenomenon known as Remote Viewing?" and maybe something will turn up then

Or, maybe remote viewing is just a load of nonsense that's well-known because people want to believe in it..

I know I wouldn't bother if it were something lame, like a suspected psychic power to provoke flatulence

.. Well, actually, that'd be pretty cool..

All that comes in when I RV you is this assterex type image that looks like this:

Carl I do have to say from experience that remote viewing is real. What they do is a person picks a target any where in the world and assignes that target an eight didgit number. A person comes into the room and looks at the eight didgit number and tells the others what's at the site. It could be anything, from a breadbox to a mountain range. Now, you only get one chance at this, what do think the chances are of you guess what it is. A billion to 1. You have to control your emotions and state only what you see. You can't let your imagation run wild. There two interesting things. One is that target has to be stationary, as in not moving. Examaple Windmill you will see the tower but you won't see the blades moving in the wind. As to why, nobody knows. I guess it has to with space and time. The other is that the target has to be picked by a person not a computer. Not many hits have been recorded when the target is picked by a computer. Most think it's because that when a person pickes a target he/she leaves an imprint on that target, which if your trained you can pick up.

Carl I do have to say from experience that remote viewing is real. What they do is a person picks a target any where in the world and assignes that target an eight didgit number. A person comes into the room and looks at the eight didgit number and tells the others what's at the site. It could be anything, from a breadbox to a mountain range. Now, you only get one chance at this, what do think the chances are of you guess what it is. A billion to 1. You have to control your emotions and state only what you see. You can't let your imagation run wild. There two interesting things. One is that target has to be stationary, as in not moving. Examaple Windmill you will see the tower but you won't see the blades moving in the wind. As to why, nobody knows. I guess it has to with space and time. The other is that the target has to be picked by a person not a computer. Not many hits have been recorded when the target is picked by a computer. Most think it's because that when a person pickes a target he/she leaves an imprint on that target, which if your trained you can pick up.

Hey tomahawk, can you do this?

The Matrix ...

From the URLAT, http://www.probablefuture.com/matrix.htm ...

Most human entities spend their "waking" lives hypnotized by their sensory world, which gives them the illusion of a material reality "out there."

In reality, space and time are really nonexistent both at the level of Pure Aware Consciousness, and also at the level of the unaware "blind parts" that experience for It the illusion of creative thought within an illusory space/time construct called Creation.

Mankind rarely realizes that life is but a sensory illusion that gives experience and learning to Thought, and that the only reality is Thought Itself, which is forever evolving.

Consciousness can be defined as Awareness projected onto a vibratory Dream. Period. For Space/Time Creation it is but pure Dark lesser vibratory (conscious and subconscious) thought interacting more or less intensely with the inner Holographic Light/Thought Reality originating through the facets of The MATRIX ("Deep" of Genesis 1: 2).
The Matrix of life is projected and connected to each perceptual individual consciousness through a Thought/Supercomputer (The Matrix) that interacts with its sensory input/output individual computer (brain).

The Matrix is really a field of pure information, not energy. It underlies and structures all energetic processes. As such it cannot yet be detected by our instruments. It is really the realm of the mythic ether (implicate realm) that physicists know should exist but has not yet been experimentally detected.

Consciousness provides the energy of life.

Original Consciousness has an unfathomable number of connections to the General Thought/Supercomputer. Each connection will be projected for a perceptual lifetime into a story/creation thinking that it is a particular character experiencing a particular life, surrounded by particular entities and reality within an illusory space/time Holographic Virtual Reality. The Creation and the individual will be given a certain history of linearly coherent perceptual history and a sense of possible probable futures.
Here are a couple of other links too ...

http://www.trv-psitech.com/newsletter/120701/the_matrix_p_4.html [Broken]

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/CIA-InitiatedRV.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
That may interest you,

Hawaii Remote Viewers' Guild
www.hrvg.org

What is remote viewing?

Remote viewing is a practice that involves using extrasensory perception (ESP) to gather information about a distant or unseen target. It is often used for intelligence gathering purposes.

Is remote viewing scientifically proven?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the claims of remote viewing. Many studies have been conducted, but the results have not been replicable or consistent.

Can anyone learn how to remote view?

Some people claim that anyone can learn how to remote view, while others argue that it is a rare ability that only a select few possess. There is no conclusive evidence to support either claim.

How does remote viewing work?

The exact mechanism behind remote viewing is not well understood. Some theories suggest that it may involve tapping into the collective unconscious or using psychic abilities, while others argue that it is simply a form of self-delusion.

Is remote viewing used by the military and intelligence agencies?

In the 1970s and 1980s, the US government funded a program called Stargate Project which explored the use of remote viewing for intelligence purposes. However, the program was shut down in 1995 due to lack of evidence for its effectiveness. It is unclear if any military or intelligence agencies currently use remote viewing.