Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] The ranks system page

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
I was clicking across several links here and there to kill time and clicking on the rank list returned a broken site page. Here is a a bunch of visual errors I get :

• It shows an error just above the MHB logo on the page, saying "Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/aspiri9/public_html/ranks.php on line 46"

• The member list below each badge contains a lot of gibberish. For example, below the graduate POTW badge it says "-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ranks_rankusers_bit --> , Opalg , johng , mathbalarka".

• The MHB logo of three consecutive integrals is replaced by a square root, which I guess was the logo of the primitive form of MHB as it was before.

• The advanced search option is jumbled up with the current time on the page. The magnifying glass on the search bar is sitting far below from where it should be.
Is there any way to fix it?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I will see what I can do to fix this page very soon. You know I never even saw that page before, and just discovered you get there by clicking on an award image in a user profile.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! (Yes)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
We had to modify the default system to fit our needs so it's probably due to this. I don't think that page is highly used or necessary so it might be easiest just to disable it. We shall let everyone know.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't look too bad right now and there is just one error line. It might be possible to fix after all.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
We are pleased to announce that all issues with our ranks list page have been fixed! (Yes)

The warning regarding assignment by reference has been fixed by removing the deprecated idiom in the indicated PHP file.

The "gibberish" in front of the recipient names was the result of a setting that has been changed.

The favicon that is present is now MHB's standard because of the warning fix.

The issue of the search elements being mangled was the result of the warning, and so with the warning taken care of, the search elements now display correctly.

-MHB Administrators