Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The qualifications for obtaining the MHB Math Scholar badge

Monoxdifly

Aug 6, 2015
Sorry, newbie here. Just curious, what is this based of? Does it based on the number of posts, the number of thanks received, or do the admins choose personally?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Sorry, newbie here. Just curious, what is this based of? Does it based on the number of posts, the number of thanks received, or do the admins choose personally?
Hello and welcome to MHB, Monoxdifly! :D

We were all newbies here at one point in time, so no worries. You can find information about how someone gets this rank by reading our FAQ:

What is an MHB Math Scholar, and how do I become one?

So, as you can see that it is the entire staff that weighs in on the decision, not just the administrators. There is a certain minimum post requirement, initially for MHB Math Helper and then once the user has a certain number of posts with that rank, and demonstrates an ability to speak lucidly and authoritatively on one or more advanced (upper university/graduate level) mathematical topics, they may be nominated by a staff member and after staff discussion if they are deemed eligible, may be asked to join the MHB Math Scholar group.

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
I have moved the discussion on the eligibility criteria for obtaining a MHB Math Scholar Badge here, for I think it is best to separate it from the more general congratulatory posts.:)