Super String Equation: Solve the Mystery

• Thread starter Pinball900
  • Start date
  • Tags
    String
In summary, the super string theory involves multiple dimensions and is still a developing theory with no single defining equation. Some suggested starting points for understanding the theory include the Polyakov action and discussions on forums and websites such as superstringtheory.com. However, many resources only provide a superficial overview and do not delve into the details of the theory.
Pinball900
Super String Equation?

Hey, I'm really into this theory about super strings and different demisions. Would anyone know what the super string equation is. I have looked all over the internet for it and I can't find it anywhere. Please help!

Physics news on Phys.org

A good web site, but it only lists possible formulas and does not explain how they work or the fundamental theory behind them.

When I clicked the Math page, for example, I get summaries of maths taught in college and then links to Amazon.com books to buy. But no real definition or example of what those maths teach and how they apply to string theory. The website is almost useless because of that.

It seems to be advertising for Amazon.com Math books and other stuff it uses as a cop-out not to teach the details of the theory.

I guess there is still not one single equation from which the theory can be deduced, but only a set (or web) of equations with some (rigorous and not so rigorous) dualities between them; it is not known whether one of them is the defining equation (or whether it is still unknown), nor do we know whether such an equation exists at all.

An example was discussed in older threads https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=62567 and 2. You could also march through this old thread. String theory has multiple descriptions and none of them is known to cover all the different "spaces".

1. What is the Super String Equation?

The Super String Equation is a theoretical equation proposed in the field of string theory, which attempts to unify all of the known fundamental forces and particles in the universe.

2. How does the Super String Equation work?

The Super String Equation uses the concept of vibrating strings to explain the behavior of particles and their interactions. The equation combines the principles of quantum mechanics and general relativity to create a unified theory of the universe.

3. Why is the Super String Equation important?

The Super String Equation is important because it has the potential to provide a complete understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe. It also has the potential to reconcile the discrepancies between quantum mechanics and general relativity.

4. Has the Super String Equation been proven?

No, the Super String Equation has not been proven yet. It is still a theoretical concept and is currently being researched and tested by scientists.

5. What are the implications of solving the Super String Equation?

If the Super String Equation is solved, it could lead to a deeper understanding of the universe and potentially open up new technologies and advancements in science. It could also answer some of the biggest questions in physics, such as the nature of dark matter and the possibility of multiple universes.