Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The Polymath Project

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
This seemed like the best place for this kind of post.

I found something interesting. The Polymath Project. Polymath Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was thinking may be MHB can have a polymath project of its own. If you think that we can have such sessions then please support me over this thread.

We can discuss the details of how it can be conducted.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I absolutely support this idea , looks promising .

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I think it is a good idea to choose a problem that most MHB members can contribute , I mean not too advanced topics . We might end with only 3 members only contributing !

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
I think it is a good idea to choose a problem that most MHB members can contribute , I mean not too advanced topics . We might end with only 3 members only contributing !
I agree. But first we need to gather members who would like to participate. This thread didn't get much of a response.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I am sure we will get some response once we start . So do you have an idea in mind or should we start searching ?

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
You've got my vote.

-Dan

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
I am sure we will get some response once we start . So do you have an idea in mind or should we start searching ?
I am more of an algebra and combinatorics person. I have a few problem in my mind which I think are ideal for a polymath session. I might be able to take part in analysis/topology questions too.

What we need is a form which asks the interested person the dates/time on which he can participate and the topics in which he would like to participate.

Then we can have, if possible, a 'hide post' button on polymath threads. These buttons will hide the posts which a particular member doesn't want to look at anymore for they may not contain anything which is helpful to him/her. Of course if I hide some post its only invisible to me and visible to others.
We also need a serious discussion on how to conduct this.