Invisibility-Is this Proof, finally? Ha Ha

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, invisibility is the ability to make an object or person undetectable by the human eye through the use of advanced technology. While it is a popular concept in fiction, it is not currently possible in real life. Humans cannot become completely invisible, but some technologies can make objects appear invisible. Invisibility has potential uses in military, surveillance, entertainment, and medicine, but there are also ethical concerns. However, true invisibility is still far from being achieved as the technology is still in its early stages and faces many challenges.
timejim
I think I can prove invisibility must exist. How do I know? Well, everytime I get a dollar, it disappears shortly thereafter. Does this happen to you?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes it happens much faster when I have 100 dollars. The larger the money the faster it disappears.

You should come to Europe, you will be unable to get rid of bills with a denomination of €50 or larger..

Originally posted by Monique
You should come to Europe, you will be unable to get rid of bills with a denomination of €50 or larger..

Maybe I should ;)

1. How does invisibility work?

Invisibility is the ability to make an object or person undetectable by the human eye. This is achieved through the use of advanced technology, such as cloaking devices or metamaterials, which can redirect light around an object, making it appear invisible.

2. Is invisibility possible in real life?

While invisibility is a popular concept in fiction, it is not currently possible in real life. While some technologies have been developed that can make objects appear invisible under certain conditions, true invisibility is not yet achievable.

3. Can humans become invisible?

No, humans cannot become completely invisible. As mentioned before, some technologies can make objects appear invisible, but this is not the same as true invisibility. Some animals, such as chameleons, have natural camouflage abilities that make them appear invisible, but this is not the same as human invisibility.

4. What are the potential uses of invisibility?

Invisibility could have a variety of uses, such as military applications, surveillance, and entertainment. It could also have practical uses in medicine, such as making medical equipment less intrusive. However, there are also ethical concerns surrounding the potential misuse of invisibility technology.

5. How close are we to achieving true invisibility?

While there have been advancements in technologies that can make objects appear invisible, true invisibility is still far from being achieved. The technology is still in its early stages and there are many challenges to overcome before true invisibility becomes possible.