The last Beta and alpha for BJTs

In summary, the conversation is about determining the minimum value of Beta that would cause a saturation. The participants discuss the equations and calculations involved in finding this value. The expert confirms that the answer appears to be correct and suggests getting assistance with translation if needed.
Duave
Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Did I answer the questions?

Homework Statement

What is the minimum value of Beta which would cause a source? current source?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1959374_10151945917195919_465523700_n.jpg

Homework Equations

Beta = IC/IB

IB = {(VB - VBE)/RE}
IC = {[VCC - VC(sat)]/RC}

3. Attempt at solving the problem

Minimum Beta to cause a current:

Beta = IC/IB

IB = {(VB - VBE)/RE}
IC = {[VCC - VC(sat)]/RC}
IB = {(5 - 0.6)V/100kΩ}
IB = (44uA)
IC = (10 - 0.1)V/2kΩ
IC = 4.95mA
(IC)/(IB) = (4.95mA)/(44uA)
(IC)/(IB) = 112.5 = β
.............. Are answers? Are there any errors located?

Thanks again for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
To be honest i don't quite understand your question. But I think that your answer is correct.

Hi Duave. I think you are studying in a language that is not English? If that is so, then I recommend that you get the assistance of another student with the translation. We can understand your working and what it shows. We can't figure out what is meant by this question:

What is the minimum value of Beta which would cause a source? current source?

Likes 1 person
NascentOxygen said:
Hi Duave. I think you are studying in a language that is not English? If that is so, then I recommend that you get the assistance of another student with the translation. We can understand your working and what it shows. We can't figure out what is meant by this question:

Sorry It's a typo:

What is the minimum value of Beta which would cause a saturation?

Duave said:
Sorry It's a typo:

What is the minimum value of Beta which would cause a saturation?
In that case, your answer looks both appropriate and correct. :smile:

Related to The last Beta and alpha for BJTs

1. What is the last Beta and alpha for BJTs?

The last Beta and alpha for BJTs are the values of the beta and alpha parameters at the end of the device's operating life. These values can vary depending on the specific BJT and its usage, but they are typically lower than the initial values due to aging and wear.

2. How do the last Beta and alpha affect BJT performance?

The last Beta and alpha can affect BJT performance by causing a decrease in gain and an increase in distortion. This is due to the decrease in current gain and the increase in leakage current as the device ages.

3. How can the last Beta and alpha be measured?

The last Beta and alpha can be measured by conducting a DC or AC test on the BJT and comparing the results to the initial values. This can be done using specialized equipment or through simulation software.

4. What factors can influence the last Beta and alpha for BJTs?

The last Beta and alpha for BJTs can be influenced by a variety of factors, including temperature, voltage, current, and the type of material used in the BJT. Other factors such as manufacturing processes and operating conditions can also play a role.

5. How can the last Beta and alpha be improved or maintained?

The last Beta and alpha for BJTs can be improved or maintained by using high-quality materials and proper manufacturing techniques. Additionally, controlling the operating conditions and implementing effective thermal management can help to prolong the device's life and maintain its performance over time.