The Lagrangian of a Coherent State

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of writing a Lagrangian for a coherent state of vector fields with differing energy levels, and the need for understanding this for the progression of a personal theory. However, it is mentioned that the discussion of personal theories is not allowed and it is suggested to refer to a textbook for a better understanding of Lagrangians.
Blabbityblobo667
How does one write a Lagrangian of a coherent state of vector fields (of differing energy levels) in terms of the the individual Lagrangians?

I desperately need to know how to know to do this, for a theory of mine to make any progress.

Please stick with me, if I didn't make sense just ask.

P.S. I don't know what level/prefix this question deserves.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your question doesn't make sense!
Lagrangians are for systems not individual states of the systems. And actually at that level the notion of states with different energy levels doesn't make sense because at first there is a classical field theory with continuous energy and after quantization, you'll get energy levels.
This lack of knowledge at your side means that you're not qualified to have a theory.
And also PF rules forbid the discussion of personal theories.

Likes Demystifier and berkeman
Blabbityblobo667 said:
I desperately need to know how to know to do this, for a theory of mine to make any progress.

As Shyan says, PF rules do not permit discussion of personal theories, so your theory itself is off topic here.

Also, your best way of learning how Lagrangians work is to find a good textbook on Lagrangians. As Shyan says, your question as it stands doesn't even make sense, so evidently your knowledge of Lagrangians is very sketchy. Thread closed.

Likes bhobba

Related to The Lagrangian of a Coherent State

1. What is the Lagrangian of a Coherent State?

The Lagrangian of a Coherent State is a mathematical expression used to describe the dynamics of a quantum system. It is a function of the system's position and momentum, and it represents the total energy of the system.

2. How is the Lagrangian of a Coherent State related to classical mechanics?

The Lagrangian of a Coherent State is closely related to classical mechanics, as it is derived from the classical Lagrangian by quantizing the system. It incorporates both the principles of quantum mechanics and classical mechanics to describe the dynamics of a quantum system.

3. What are the applications of the Lagrangian of a Coherent State?

The Lagrangian of a Coherent State has many applications in quantum mechanics, specifically in the study of quantum systems with continuous variables such as the harmonic oscillator. It is also used in quantum optics to describe the behavior of light in coherent states.

4. How is the Lagrangian of a Coherent State calculated?

The Lagrangian of a Coherent State is calculated by taking the classical Lagrangian of the system and replacing the classical variables with their corresponding quantum operators. This results in a quantum mechanical expression for the Lagrangian.

5. What is the significance of the Lagrangian of a Coherent State in quantum mechanics?

The Lagrangian of a Coherent State is a fundamental concept in quantum mechanics as it allows us to describe the dynamics of a quantum system in terms of its energy. It also provides a bridge between classical mechanics and quantum mechanics, allowing for a better understanding of the behavior of quantum systems.