The Job of Electrical Engineering

In summary, a newcomer to the forum is seeking feedback on the field of electrical engineering and its job outlook. They express interest in the field due to their experience in avionics and minor repairs, but have a basic education in electricity. Others in the conversation also express their love for the job, but mention the need to be prepared to relocate for job opportunities. Education is deemed important for success in the field.
TheMagicalOne
Hey guys. I am new to the forum and wanted to ask a very general question with as much feedback as possible from you guys. I'm very interested in the field of electrical engineering, as i deal with avionics and minor repairs for my job. I went to a tech school for the military, so my education in the field of electricity is very basic. If you guys can tell me how much you love your job and any additional input pertaining to planning, school, and how the job outlook is for someone with a degree in Electrical Engineering, i would appreciate it. Thanks a lot guys!

Physics news on Phys.org
Advice

Hi friends,I also love this job.Electrical Engineers deal in the most part with the technology of electricity.The job opportunities of electric in many places.This is the important part of the engineer.I think Education in this field is essential for future.:approve:

http://www.resumeobjectiveexamples.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Jobs are good but one thing I see that most people don't understand is that you will have to move to where the jobs are. It's not like medicine in which you could work in any city in the country.

Related to The Job of Electrical Engineering

1. What exactly is the job of an electrical engineer?

Electrical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. Electrical engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and testing electrical systems and equipment such as power generators, motors, and communication systems.

2. What skills are required for a career in electrical engineering?

Some of the key skills required for a career in electrical engineering include a strong understanding of mathematics and physics, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, technical knowledge of electrical systems and components, and proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software.

3. What industries can an electrical engineer work in?

Electrical engineers can work in a variety of industries, such as manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, and transportation. They may also work in research and development, consulting, or government agencies.

4. What are the job prospects for electrical engineers?

The job prospects for electrical engineers are generally positive, with a projected job growth rate of 5% from 2019 to 2029. This is due to the increasing demand for new technologies and the need for more sustainable and efficient energy sources.

5. What type of education is required to become an electrical engineer?

Most electrical engineering positions require at least a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some roles may also require a master's degree or a Ph.D. for more advanced research or teaching positions. Continuing education and professional development are also important for staying up-to-date with advancements in the field.